Air Fryer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Southern California.
Hello,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

My wife and I were gifted a 4qrt air fryer and love it. I have done everything from wonton and egg rolls to hot dogs in it. I even put some atomic chicken bombs in it this past weekend. I believe the heating element in my Masterbuilt digital electric smoker died, bummer. So into the air fryer they went.
The only drawback to the air fryer we got is that it is so small. Can anyone recommend a good quality large capacity air fryer?

Attachments

• 20210124_163238.jpg
    20210124_163238.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210121_172053.jpg
    20210121_172053.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210103_124059.jpg
    20210103_124059.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201213_152236.jpg
    20201213_152236.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Wurstmeister
A lot of guys using the Emeril 360 air fryer . Puts out some good eats . I use mine just about everyday . Don't use my regular oven much .

Reactions: Wurstmeister
We use the 8 qt Ninja Foodie Air Fryer and a 6 qt pressure cooker and enjoy them both! To supplement the first Ninja, we are ordering a Ninja® Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Oven, Large Countertop Convection Oven. Might be something to look at. BTW - Keeping things close to the "smoking theme" I use our AF to bring some of my items, like my 10 Spice Kielbasa to "IT" The temperature settings are very sensitive and give an even heat. Attached photo shows the sausage after smoke and bring them to IT in the AF. 🍻
IMG_0219.jpg

Last edited:
I have one. Have only used it a couple of times, once for jerky and 49 chicken wings.
Not bad. Just wish Masterbuilt had better instructions and somewhat of a recipe book for this unit.
Have seen a few videos for it most everybody likes them.
Have a 17 lbs. turkey in freeze that I'm going to be doing in it.

I have an 8qt that gets used a bunch. This past fall, my range died on me and I had to replace it. I ended up getting a Samsung convection bake, roast and air fryer. Since I already had an air fryer, I just figured it was an added bonus on the range that wouldn't get used. Wrong, although the 8qt one still gets used, I find myself using the air fryer on the range a lot. The basket that came with it is pretty long and wide, so I can put a good amount of food on it and still have space in between everything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky