Beef Smoked Sausage (Hillshire Farm)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Beef Smoked Sausage (Hillshire Farm)

These are easily the best Sausages we ever Bought. (That’s why we keep buying them!)
You guys might be getting tired of seeing these Smoked Sausages, Fresh Sausage, and Hot Dogs, but they are some of the easier things to get, the way we have to shop during this Pandemic.
I can’t wait until I can easily buy Eye Round, Chuckies, Butts, etc, etc, even if they are a little more expensive.

My #360 Air Fryer does an Awesome Job on Sausages, so naturally that’s what I’ll be using here again.

All I do is remove them from the pack, stick them a few times with a Fork, separate them from each other in the Crisper Basket in My AirFryer, and they’re ready to go.
Then I set it @ 380° for 20 minutes, knowing it will take less time.
Then I checked them @ 12 minutes, and they were almost done, so I gave them 3 more minutes.
At 15 minutes the sausages were all 170° or more, so I removed them.
Then I spread some of Jeff’s Tasty BBQ Sauce & some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce on two rolls.
Dropped a Sausage in each roll, and It was time to eat those Sausage Sammies.

Then the next night, I put the same stuff on a roll & a slice of Bread (Ran out of rolls) for my Sausage Sammies.
These were two Real Easy to make, Tasty Meals Fit for a Bear!!

Thanks for stopping in,

Bear

One pack of 5 Beef Smoked Sausages:
IMG_5392.jpg

Into my Crisper Basket they go:
IMG_5393.jpg

Getting rolls ready with a bunch of Jeff's Awesome BBQ Sauce & a few squirts of "Frank's Red Hot Sauce":
IMG_5394.jpg

All done & ready to remove:
IMG_5395.jpg

First night's Supper:
IMG_5396.jpg

Next Night the last Hot Dog Roll, and a Slice of Italian Bread:
IMG_5397.jpg

Second Night's Supper, with some Deviled Eggs on the side:
IMG_5398.jpg

I have never had any of their products that were bad, have had a lot of them over the years, hit a store 2 years ago had them on sale for $1.49 each, bought 30 something over a 2 week , they freeze very good

Those are good . I like the ring they sell too . Good stuff .
Easy aside , that 360 cooks great sausage .

Looks great.

Been doing a lot of "stuff" in the airfryer lately.Been using the new smokeless grill too as the humidity has been unbearable as of late.

Reactions: chopsaw
The bear is perpetually on the attack up there in PA!! Well done once again sir, and no, I do not get tired of reading your posts. I may miss one on occasion but I never tire of seeing the stuff you do with easily sourced food and the 360.

Keep 'em coming!!
Robert

I have never had any of their products that were bad, have had a lot of them over the years, hit a store 2 years ago had them on sale for $1.49 each, bought 30 something over a 2 week , they freeze very good

Thank You Mike!!
At $1.49 I'd have bought a mess of them too---Good Move!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those are good . I like the ring they sell too . Good stuff .
Easy aside , that 360 cooks great sausage .

Thank You Rich!!
We used to get "Johnsonville". They were just like these, and tasted great too.
However they were so greasy, they would crack open on the grill & flare up on me.
Then when I brought them in, I used to Roll them back & forth on paper towels to get rid of some of the Grease, before eating them!!!

Bear

does anyone have a recipe that comes close to the last of these sausages?

I would say the closest flavor to these would be the "Smoky Links".

Bear

Making that 360 sing Bear, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Yup---Some things just come out of the #360 Air Fryer Outstanding!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great.

Been doing a lot of "stuff" in the airfryer lately.Been using the new smokeless grill too as the humidity has been unbearable as of late.

Thank You Norm!!
Two great Toys!! I think I use my Smokeless Grill the least of all my new toys though.
Air Fryer gets used the most.
And Thanks for the Like.

Looks great as always, Bear!

Thank You Saint!!
And for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky