Bread Pizza Experiments

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Bread Pizza Experiments

I made a few Steak Roll Pizzas before, but I needed to see what just a slice of Bread would be like.
So I took two halves of a Steak Roll & a slice of regular White Bread, and covered them with Pizza Sauce.
Then I dumped a pile of Shredded Mozzarella on the Sauce, and some slices of Pepperoni on Top.
Then I put them all on the Baking Tray & into my Air Fryer #360 at 390°, with fan on.
They were all getting nice & Crispy at about 11 minutes, so I took them out.

The Single slice of White Bread was OK, but not near as good as the Steak Roll Pizzas!!! I love them!!

I gotta make these more often!!

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

Two sides of a Steak Roll, and a Slice of White Bread, with Pizza Sauce on them:
IMG_5248.jpg

Covered with Shredded Mozzarella:
IMG_5249.jpg

Topped with Pepperoni, and Into the #360 AirFryer @ 390°, with fan on:
IMG_5250.jpg

Removed after 11 Minutes:
IMG_5251.jpg

Plated For The Bear:
IMG_5252.jpg

Looks real good Bear. I'm not surprised the white bread not as good as the steak rolls. Ever try it on English Muffins? It's also very good.

Mike

Looks real good Bear. I'm not surprised the white bread not as good as the steak rolls. Ever try it on English Muffins? It's also very good.

Mike

Thank You Mike!!
No I haven't tried them. We used to get them all the time, but none since the Pandemic started.
We used to get them "Buy One, Get 2 Free".
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

When you slice that steak roll in half you get all that crusty goodness on each piece that's just not there on a slice white bread John. Sure looks good to me, Like! RAY

looks good bear, got to say there is really no bad pizza just some are a lot better then others.

Looks good Bear! I wouldnt complain if you gave me the one on the slice of bread!

When you slice that steak roll in half you get all that crusty goodness on each piece that's just not there on a slice white bread John. Sure looks good to me, Like! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
We love the Texture of Bread Pizza made from a Steak Roll.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks Good, Put em together and you have a pizza sandwich !!

Gary

Hey Bear try rubbing a little bit of butter and garlic on those piece of bread and tasting them a little first. THEN add all the pizza stuff to them and it makes a world of difference. Used to do that with sliced bread as a kid and also little individual "french" rolls done this way make amazing pizzas!

Looks good Bear! I wouldnt complain if you gave me the one on the slice of bread!

Thank You Travis!!
This was lousy bread. We always get "Maiers Italian Bread", but they were out of it @ Giant, so they substituted this crap for us. We got Maiers since that.

Bear

Looks good Bear, We used to make something similar. We used French bread for the crust.

Point for sure
Chris

Fun experiment. I'm another English Muffin Pizza fan. Grew up having them for lunch or Dad would make them as a night time snack.
Thomas's Bagels make great Pizza as well...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky