Beef Smoked Sausage (From Hillshire Farms)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Beef Smoked Sausage (From Hillshire Farms)

These are easily the best Sausages we ever Bought. (That’s why we keep buying them!)

My #360 Air Fryer does an Awesome Job on Sausages, so naturally that’s what I’ll be using here.

All I do is remove them from the pack, stick them a few times with a Fork, separate them from each other in the Crisper Basket in My AirFryer, and they’re ready to go.
This time I added some Steak Fries & Frozen Onion Rings to fill the rest of the basket.
Then I set it @ 380° for 20 minutes, knowing it will take less time.
Then I checked them @ 12 minutes, and they were almost done, so I gave them 2 more minutes.
At 14 minutes the sausages were all 170° or more, and the Fries were just right too, so I removed everything.
Then I spread some of Jeff’s Tasty BBQ Sauce & some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce on a roll.
Dropped a Sausage in the roll, and squirted some more of the same sauces on the plate.
It was time to eat that Sausage Sammy, and dip the Fries & Rings In the sauces on the side.

Then the next night, I put the same stuff on two more rolls for my Sausage Sammies.

These were two Real Easy to make, Tasty Meals Fit for a Bear!!

Thanks for stopping in,

Bear

5 Hillshire Farms Beef Smoked Sausages, some Steak Fries, and some Onion Rings:
IMG_5253.jpg

After 14 minutes @ 380° in the Air Fryer:
IMG_5255.jpg

Closer "Bear View": (You can see the Sausages plumped up & turned a nice Red color)
IMG_5256.jpg

Used some of "Jeff's BBQ Sauce", and some "Frank's Hot Sauce" in the Sammy & on the plate for dipping Fries & Rings:
IMG_5257.jpg

Next night, 2 more Rolls with the same sauces:
IMG_5267.jpg

And dropping the Sausages in:
IMG_5268.jpg

That looks delicious Bear! I love a good dog! Next deer season, first meat I put in the freezer is going to be turned into dogs!

That looks delicious Bear! I love a good dog! Next deer season, first meat I put in the freezer is going to be turned into dogs!

Thank You Saint !!
I love Dogs too, but these Beef Smoked Sausages are better than any Dogs.
I've always love Beef smoked sausages, and these don't have the Tough skin like the bigger "Rings" have.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Curious if you spray any oil on the fries or rings before you air fry?

Yup---Spray or wipe some oil on. Supposed to help with Browning.

One of them tells you not to spray it while it's in the pan. I think it's my round Black XL fryer, but I forget why. Something to do with the "Non-stick" surface???

Bear

Been thinking about getting one of those, but I'm not sure what I'd have to sacrifice for counter space.

Been thinking about getting one of those, but I'm not sure what I'd have to sacrifice for counter space.

Well, the #360 Emeril Air Fryer takes up about the same space as a full size Toaster Oven.
And the little Black round ones take up a little more than a 4 slice bread toaster.

Bear

I'd like to toss the big coffee maker, as I don't drink coffee. But that might get me killed.

I'd like to toss the big coffee maker, as I don't drink coffee. But that might get me killed.

I drank Black coffee from 13 years old, until I was 63:
After my open heart fiasco, I lost my taste for everything for 7 months. When it came back it came back without my liking of Beer or Coffee. I drink a couple Beers now & then, but the couple times I tried Coffee, it tasted terrible to me. Since I stopped drinking coffee, Mrs Bear also stopped, so we gained a little bit of room there.

Bear

Looks great Bear. That's why I like our air fryer as well. Simple and does a good job on making meals, especially for 2. I've not tried the Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage before, so I asked the Mrs. to get some next time she goes shopping. If you get a chance, dice 3 or 4red or 2 russet potatoes, season with oil/spices, cook @350F in the basket about 10mins, let sit for 5+/-mins in the air fryer, and then crisp 400F 7-8 mins or until reaching desired crispness. The do reheat very well the next day at 365/370F for ~5mins (air crisp setting) 🍻

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky