10th Annual South Florida Smoking Meat Gathering (THE BIG ONE!!) - November 13-14, 2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gathering

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One good thing... doesn't look like they are getting much rain inland near Highlands ... Al could give us a live report if he reads this ...

The weather here is pretty good, not much rain or wind.
But if you guys go to the gathering, please be careful.
Covid is exploding here. I don’t know if it’s the re-opening of everything, or the northerners coming down here.
But please wear masks, and be very careful about handling food.
I would really like to come, but I am immune compromised & can’t take the chance of being in a group.
Stay safe!!
Al

Reactions: Bearcarver
Just got the call myself... Ask the ranger and she said they aren't getting hammered but do get a shower from time to time.. Got an auto refund for Thur. so i'm just gonna keep both spots... after all the fees I wouldn't save any money ..

I just got a robo call from the Parks Service - park closed 11th - 13th. Cancelling my reservation and giving me a full refund. I like that.....so Doug, if you still go, you can likely migrate into my area if needed.

I just got a call saying they were closed till the 13th and my reservation is cancelled with full refund

That was my second call I got... first one was from park ranger.. second one I believe was Reserve America ... More than likely the park will reopen late Thur./Fri. morn ... You can go ether way (bisexual)... full refund or continue your reservation .. .

SO NOW.. I get an email confirming cancellation of my site (89)... I never canceled it... went to see if I could reserve it again for Fri. - Sun. .. shows not available ( i'm thinking because they say they will be closed at the moment)... So I checked for Sat-Sun(1 night).. it shows sites 79, 80, 84, 87, and 89 as being available ... Also some in the 100's but I don't think any of those are ours .. So I guess we need to each check on our sites first thing in the morning...

SO NOW.. I get an email confirming cancellation of my site (89)... I never canceled it... went to see if I could reserve it again for Fri. - Sun. .. shows not available ( i'm thinking because they say they will be closed at the moment)... So I checked for Sat-Sun(1 night).. it shows sites 79, 80, 84, 87, and 89 as being available ... Also some in the 100's but I don't think any of those are ours .. So I guess we need to each check on our sites first thing in the morning...

Same here. I am or was in 80 Thurs thru Sunday. I did not cancel it. Haven't bothered to try re booking. Going to call tomorrow to see what's up.

The weather should be Good Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. We really didn’t get much of anything here.
Al

Morning Update: I just called the Ranger Station and the park is closed until Saturday, reopening saturday :(

I hate to do this but with everything going on with me and my truck accident, on top of this closure i'm not going to make it down this year :( I hate that this is happening on our 10th anniversary but I guess we'll have to do a 2nd Anniversary of our 10th anniversary next year haha.

IF anyone wants to try and reschedule let's hear your thoughts. I know with holidays coming up that'll be difficult. Just throwing the idea out there

Doug... I hear ya.. a lot going on...

Still gonna keep an eye/ear out... I believe they'll open here in a lil while... weather's nice no rain/wind ...

first weekend sites will be available is the last wknd of March and the first wknd of April... then booked up again after that ...

Don't know if Jerry will be doing N. Fl. it's always in April ...

End of March or the beginning of April, the weather is usually just beautiful here. Warm with a good stiff breeze.
Al

I'm easy... I'll do whatever is agreed upon .. As I said above about availability in the spring ... thinking after April would be getting a lil to warm for tenting... but then again no worries here..

That was my second call I got... first one was from park ranger.. second one I believe was Reserve America ... More than likely the park will reopen late Thur./Fri. morn ... You can go ether way (bisexual)... full refund or continue your reservation .. .

They are supposed to call if park reopening for weekend. If they is anyone still planning on attending.?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky