THURSDAY NIGHT reverse sear CBP rib eye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Nothing like a nice rib eye for Thursday dinner. I looked in the goodie bag from Robert tx smoker tx smoker & found a real nice one.

1A736473-FC2E-4DEE-9B24-228B7E2A9C6C.jpeg

05892539-2FA4-4021-8DA2-C85642CD0422.jpeg

This beautiful piece of meat was so tender I wrapped it with string to keep it the same thickness. Covered it with Canadian steak seasoning & CBP.
Into the Rec Tec on extreme smoke.

71D28C92-146F-47C4-9087-B0DEE471969A.jpeg

It took about 3 hours to hit 115 IT.

07F6A629-0F2C-4F0D-95CE-FDFC9511AC75.jpeg

Now on to the sear part. Judy is the sear chef. We love these sear grates.

0097CFF9-5319-482C-83C6-2A7D8A474E96.jpeg

Put a bit of char on some asparagus too.

6526EC9D-ADB8-47E1-98AA-F8967EBB026C.jpeg

Let it rest for 10 minutes.

E8A1121E-BD14-4D8F-8BFB-D867373892F5.jpeg

Very juicy, and tender.

2E5EAB0D-FEB8-46C3-80A2-4AB3BEC21B82.jpeg

Made some horseradish sauce & it was so good that we put it on everything.

283CD3C1-9F9D-4610-B728-922FEC3F34C1.jpeg

Then Sammie’s for lunch On Friday

835DD01F-644F-49C6-B20A-D1885EC0971C.jpeg

Not the prettiest Sammie, but very tasty. The flavor & texture of the CPB is pretty incredible. Very happy to be on a forum where there are so many wonderful folks. Thanks again Robert!
Al

Dang Al, that looks fantastic and is carousel worthy in my opinion. High quality beef and a watchful eye from the chef. Nice work.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Looks fantastic! Perfect char on the outside. I just so happen to have a few of those ribeyes in my freezer as well!

Thanks again Robert!
You are more than welcome sir. The whole meal looks amazing but that steak is pure perfection. Sorry it was so tender that you needed to tie it up though :emoji_wink: Kudos to Judy for putting the awe inspiring finishing touch on the steak.
Dang Al, that looks fantastic and is carousel worthy in my opinion. High
I gotta agree with this. One gorgeous plate done to absolute perfection. Lots of folks can learn the art of attaining pure beef bliss from this. It's exactly how a steak should be cooked and served. Excellent job!!

Robert

That was some great goodie bag from Robert,

Good idea and tying the meat up to cook even
Great job on the smoke and the grill makes are perfect.
Nothing wrong with those sammies

David

Beautiful looking grill marks and a great looking rib eye!! all the food looks delicious!! thanks for sharing!

That looks incredible Al!

This is the inspiration I needed to get off the couch and make breakfast.

Because looking at your pics made my mouth water!

Looks like some tasty beef. Nicely done!

Looks mighty good there.

You nailed it Al. . . yummy !

Looks perfect AL and Judy !
Great combo cook and meal !

Keith

Mouth Watering Al!

- Jason

Dang Al, that looks fantastic and is carousel worthy in my opinion. High quality beef and a watchful eye from the chef. Nice work.

Outstanding Al ! Perfect ribeye. Can almost taste it from here.

Awesome! Awesome looking steak and a beautiful plate! Sure, this is how I would have this steak.... Big like!

Bam bam! That’s a nice cook right there!!!!

Looks fantastic! Perfect char on the outside. I just so happen to have a few of those ribeyes in my freezer as well!

You are more than welcome sir. The whole meal looks amazing but that steak is pure perfection. Sorry it was so tender that you needed to tie it up though :emoji_wink: Kudos to Judy for putting the awe inspiring finishing touch on the steak.

I gotta agree with this. One gorgeous plate done to absolute perfection. Lots of folks can learn the art of attaining pure beef bliss from this. It's exactly how a steak should be cooked and served. Excellent job!!

Robert

Thank you so much guys for the kind words & likes. And thanks again Robert, I couldn’t have done it without you!
Al

Nothing like a nice rib eye for Thursday dinner. I looked in the goodie bag from Robert tx smoker tx smoker & found a real nice one.

View attachment 642667
View attachment 642669

This beautiful piece of meat was so tender I wrapped it with string to keep it the same thickness. Covered it with Canadian steak seasoning & CBP.
Into the Rec Tec on extreme smoke.

View attachment 642668

It took about 3 hours to hit 115 IT.

View attachment 642670

Now on to the sear part. Judy is the sear chef. We love these sear grates.

View attachment 642672

Put a bit of char on some asparagus too.

View attachment 642671

Let it rest for 10 minutes.

View attachment 642673

Very juicy, and tender.

View attachment 642675

Made some horseradish sauce & it was so good that we put it on everything.

View attachment 642674

Then Sammie’s for lunch On Friday

View attachment 642676

Not the prettiest Sammie, but very tasty. The flavor & texture of the CPB is pretty incredible. Very happy to be on a forum where there are so many wonderful folks. Thanks again Robert!
Al
What’s all in the horseradish sauce besides that and sour cream ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky