Certified Piedmontese Rib Eyes Round 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Ok finishing out the Throwdown prized CP rib eyes....... ie Round 2

The prize spoils...
IMG_6986.jpeg

This time I did a blend of kinders and a light classic olive glaze.... I think lean protein needs a bit of "fat" to cook right. The olive glaze is an add from my last two RE's
IMG_6988.jpeg

Keeping this simple with some pan seared then finished in the oven roots.... Salt Pepper and Classic Olive. I sear these in the pan to set the seasonings and get some color....
IMG_6993.jpeg

After the roots went into the house oven 375 convection roast the RE's went on a screaming how weber sear zone...
IMG_6994.jpeg

Turn 1 at 3 mins...... all smiles!
IMG_6995.jpeg

Put the boy on searing up some 1/2'd baby bellas..... he does these RIGHT!
IMG_6997.jpeg

Bingo the final plate..... 35 mins total prep and cook time.....
IMG_6998.jpeg

I added a TBSP of butter to the root pan before I put them on a cookie sheet for the oven and the left over flavored oil was drizzled over the RE's.
IMG_6999.jpeg

This is the money shot..... These were seared 3 mins each side, pulled at INT 120 and rested on a rack..... Just MONEY!!!!
IMG_7003.jpeg

My final comment is that I'm a sauce guy all the way for steaks but these Certified Piedmontese rib eyes are juicy and full of flavor and other than the little flavor butter oil they are perfect without a sauce aid! My only complaint/request from CPB is if they would do a thick cut rib eye....say another 1/2inch thicker. However, that said these are a perfect single portion for what I call a one meal day.

I am so looking forward to the holiday roasts we now have in the freezer!

Ps this was "Round 1" and all I can say is all 4 we received would consistent and uniform in cooking with almost perfect cook timing. I could cook these Mid-rare all day long.......

Man perfect cook on that steak!! I love that buttery steak seasoning too.
Thanks jcam! Yes the buttery steak is a good blend…I’m just bummed our Costco stopped carrying it. Having a uniform cut and tissue make up makes for easier and consistent cooks, ie you aren’t re-learning each steak cause it was different than the previous on makes a difference. All four we received where spot on the same!

Reactions: jcam222
A beautiful steak! Got to digging the chest freezer (I hate that dang thing) and found a CPB NY strip that tx smoker tx smoker sent me in the x-Change 2 yrs ago....Moved it to the fridge freezer. I'll be eating steak soon and the boy can eat balony.

Jim

Fantastic, just perfect!!
Thanks GS its pretty much me on a plate! Meat and veg!
Very nice!
Much appreciated norm!
A beautiful steak! Got to digging the chest freezer (I hate that dang thing) and found a CPB NY strip that tx smoker tx smoker sent me in the x-Change 2 yrs ago....Moved it to the fridge freezer. I'll be eating steak soon and the boy can eat balony.

Jim
Jim, yea you need to eat it up! The boy needs to "earn" it right!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Perfectly done REs Civil. Nice job and I'm happy to see your really enjoying those TD prizes.

Point for sure
Chris

You sir have done that prize package and CPB justice. another absolutely superb meal and yet another eye-opening experience. This stuff is legit and you're just not gonna get anything better. I've tried everything out there and the CPB products stand head and shoulders above the rest. Congrats to you and the boy on a beautifully done meal.

Robert

Perfectly done REs Civil. Nice job and I'm happy to see your really enjoying those TD prizes.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! And yes we have really enjoyed the TD prize spoils for sure!
Fantastic RE!! Perfection on a plate!
Many thanks Steve, it’s a simple dish from a prep stand point but anything but simple flavors!
You sir have done that prize package and CPB justice. another absolutely superb meal and yet another eye-opening experience. This stuff is legit and you're just not gonna get anything better. I've tried everything out there and the CPB products stand head and shoulders above the rest. Congrats to you and the boy on a beautifully done meal.

Robert
Thanks Robert and I can’t agree with you more on the CPB! I’ve had many many high end cuts from some of the top beef producers and top prime steakhouses and these baby’s can give you the same experience in your own home time in and time out!

“Just food for thought”….. I got “thinking” and counting my kitchen days I’ve personally cooked in the 20k ish range of steaks over the years of every grade and these have opened my eyes to a whole new experience in beef…….

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky