Tex-Mex Meatloaf With Beef & Chorizo.... Plus Some Killer Sides

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
mrLu5RZ.jpg
On the menu last night was my Tex-Mex Meatloaf with Queso sauce, Bean & Cheese Poblanos, and Mexi corn. The meatloaf has 50% ground beef and 50% of my homemade chorizo, hi-temp cheese along with onion, garlic, cilantro, Wooster, panko, 1-egg and bacon on top. The poblanos were stuffed with a mixture of pinto and black beans, onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro, coriander, and cheese.... then they got more cheese on top when cooking. The Mexi Corn had sweet corn, red peppers, zucchini, oregano, cilantro and everything was sauteed in butter. Here is the pictorial.

rgI5qzg.jpg
Xouab4g.jpg
S5UPTe8.jpg
s6r2n16.jpg
37RPJ1u.jpg
YH4xSCi.jpg

That all looks great! But, Where you at? In PA, my Webber is sitting in 2 feet of Snow!...JJ

Reactions: pa42phigh
Lordy lordy that looks good!! So colorful, so vibrant, and just an exciting looking plate of food. Excellent job!! I'd be thrilled to put something like that together and even more thrilled to be sitting down to eat it :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: checkdude
It all sure looks scrumptious! Love meatloaf too . Have to remember to use more bacon. Only use it making fatties so why didn't I think to put it on meatloaf I'll never know. Thanks for reminding me!

It all sure looks scrumptious! Love meatloaf too . Have to remember to use more bacon. Only use it making fatties so why didn't I think to put it on meatloaf I'll never know. Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks for the kind words. Because of the longer cook time, and the fact I never turn a meatloaf, using strips of bacon across the top and on the side is sometimes better than having a full bacon wrap. Bacon on the bottom can overcook, or just get tough enough it makes slicing harder. If you look close, you can see I pinned the bacon in place so it won't shrink up.

Looks absolutely amazing. There's them dang poblanos again! Making them soon
Thanks for the kind words. Once you make this recipe you realize it's more of a technique than a step-by-step kind of thing. I've used several different types of beans, I've added some rice to the mix, and we've done some with an Italian or BBQ seasonings too. I don't think I've made them with any meat, but that is not out of the question either.

That looks awesome! Would be glad to sit down to a meal of that! What part of Wyoming are you from! We have a good friend lives in Gillette and son has a couple friends that live in Casper.

Ryan

That looks awesome! Would be glad to sit down to a meal of that! What part of Wyoming are you from! We have a good friend lives in Gillette and son has a couple friends that live in Casper.

Ryan
Gillette is 130 miles north of my home. I'm in Casper. which is along the North Platte river and the photo above ↑↑ in the Chef Jimmy reply shows Casper Mountain, which is somewhat unique as it is a east-west range when most of the Rocky Mountains are north-south ranges. The Oregon, California, Pony Express, and Mormon Pioneer trails all converged here.

Gillette is 130 miles north of my home. I'm in Casper. which is along the North Platte river and the photo above ↑↑ in the Chef Jimmy reply shows Casper Mountain, which is somewhat unique as it is a east-west range when most of the Rocky Mountains are north-south ranges. The Oregon, California, Pony Express, and Mormon Pioneer trails all converged here.
We were out in Casper in summer of 2019, our son was in a wedding there. Was held by the North Platte River, South of Casper about 20 miles or so I wanna say. Can't remember the name of the place right off hand. Had several cabins there and hold quite a few weddings there.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky