• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Teba Shio with Tater Tots and Elote Sauce

kilo charlie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 25, 2017
Teba Shio (Salted Chicken Wings) 手羽先塩焼き with Tater Tots with Elote Sauce and Cotija Cheese

Soaked chicken wing flats in Sake then patted dry and seasoned with black pepper and sea salt.

Grilled chicken wings until crispy and dark golden brown - 175 IT.

Air Fried tater tots at 400F for 12 minutes then topped with Elote Sauce (Mexican Street Corn White Sauce) and Cotija Cheese.

20210511_180303.jpg

20210511_180252.jpg

Last edited:

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
I’d house that plate in a minute! I enjoy making elote in the summer when the corn is better, I’ve recently made elote in a cup “esquites” with frozen corn, it comes out quite good!

Very nice!

kilo charlie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 25, 2017
I’d house that plate in a minute! I enjoy making elote in the summer when the corn is better, I’ve recently made elote in a cup “esquites” with frozen corn, it comes out quite good!

Very nice!
I've become and instant fan of the corn.. and when I made the sauce I had some left over and actually used it on some bread for a sandwich which then gave me the idea for using it as a condiment for the tater tots HAHA ... you wouldn't believe how many conversations I had to have with various people across the US to confirm there is not an actual name for the sauce..

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Oh Yeah!!
Looks Mighty Tasty from here, Charlie!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Dang that looks good!
Nicely done!!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.