Teba Shio with Tater Tots and Elote Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Teba Shio (Salted Chicken Wings) 手羽先塩焼き with Tater Tots with Elote Sauce and Cotija Cheese

Soaked chicken wing flats in Sake then patted dry and seasoned with black pepper and sea salt.

Grilled chicken wings until crispy and dark golden brown - 175 IT.

Air Fried tater tots at 400F for 12 minutes then topped with Elote Sauce (Mexican Street Corn White Sauce) and Cotija Cheese.

20210511_180303.jpg

20210511_180252.jpg

Last edited:
That’s some serious cultural fusion and looks fantastic!

Thank you!

Sometimes ya just gotta mix things up!

Japanese/Mexican/American seems to work well together in this configuration! Haha

I’d house that plate in a minute! I enjoy making elote in the summer when the corn is better, I’ve recently made elote in a cup “esquites” with frozen corn, it comes out quite good!

Very nice!

Reactions: kilo charlie
I’d house that plate in a minute! I enjoy making elote in the summer when the corn is better, I’ve recently made elote in a cup “esquites” with frozen corn, it comes out quite good!

Very nice!

I've become and instant fan of the corn.. and when I made the sauce I had some left over and actually used it on some bread for a sandwich which then gave me the idea for using it as a condiment for the tater tots HAHA ... you wouldn't believe how many conversations I had to have with various people across the US to confirm there is not an actual name for the sauce..

Heck Yea!!! And thanks for the instructions. Something to play with on this end! 🍻🍻
John
I inserted the links for both the Elote Sauce and the Sake Wings in the original post for further instructions

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky