Spicy "Mississippi" Pork Tacos with Homemade Frijoles Negros Refritos, Red Cabbage and Greek Yogurt Lemon Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Update on the original post.

This time I added a teaspoon of Sriracha to the Lemon Greek Yogurt Sauce for another layer of spice.

Used my mandolin to make super thin red and green cabbage and then combined the cabbages with the Sauce to make sort of a slaw.

Made another batch of refried black beans and didn't change anything with those or the Mississippi pork.

100% pleased with the updates!!

20221206_170123.jpg

20221206_170107.jpg

• Love
Reactions: nicefly and bauchjw
Sriracha makes everything better, in the right amount! I’ve been doing it with mayo, but need to give it a go with Greek yogurt! Thank you for update!

Reactions: kilo charlie
I needed something to tame the brightness of the lemon juice and the sriracha was just what it needed.

I used
1 teaspoon sriracha
Juice of 1 lemon
4 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

I am going to make these for poker night tomorrow. Weekly game and the winner buys pizza. Guess who won last week, to hell with pizza.

I have a chucky instead of pork. Picked up the Hidden Valley Rancho Taco. I have red/black beans I made in the crock pot in the fridge and will use those for the refried.

Reading you redo I may throw some Louisiana Gold (green) hot sauce in the Greek yogurt. Going to slice/shred the red cabbage on the slicer.

I have seen Mississippi pot roast made with peppercini peppers. Store didnt have those so I picked up some mild bananna peppers. Not sure I if will use them or not.

Wish me luck, I would like to win again. The cook I can handle, haha.

Reactions: kilo charlie
I am going to make these for poker night tomorrow. Weekly game and the winner buys pizza. Guess who won last week, to hell with pizza.

I have a chucky instead of pork. Picked up the Hidden Valley Rancho Taco. I have red/black beans I made in the crock pot in the fridge and will use those for the refried.

Reading you redo I may throw some Louisiana Gold (green) hot sauce in the Greek yogurt. Going to slice/shred the red cabbage on the slicer.

I have seen Mississippi pot roast made with peppercini peppers. Store didnt have those so I picked up some mild bananna peppers. Not sure I if will use them or not.

Wish me luck, I would like to win again. The cook I can handle, haha.

I think the hot sauce in the yogurt would be great... just remember it's there to cool off the spicy.

Good luck with the game and the cook!

Reactions: nicefly
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky