New England Kettle Style Chicken Cordon Bleu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some fine work there Chris, looks delicious! A real nice tip on the cling wrap too, I'll be using that! RAY
Thanks Ray. I picked that tip from from building fatties. I figured if it worked on sausage then why not chicken.

Looks great Chris, I would love to see the write up on those onions sometime.
Appreciate it Cliff. Here's a link to the blooming onion I did. I didn't get a shot of the whole onion finished, but I did manage to get a shot of my wife's plate. To many PBRs and to hungry to take all the pics.

Chris

Man that looks really good! Another added to the to do list, and your blooming onion thread bookmarked! If you really like onions wrap a yellow onion in foil and cook like a baked tater. It's kinda cooked to feel...don't want it to be mush but still be able to cut in half, pull the cups apart add butter to each one and usually some Lawrys and still have a little crunch to them. Probably have a pic of them somewhere if ya want.

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
All looks Mighty Tasty, Chris!!
Great Thread too!!
Like.

Bear
Appreciate it John. It was a nice change of pace.

Nice!! I want to try it now. Is the sauce homemade?
Thanks Matt, the sauce is pretty simple. I don't have exact measurements( I cook by sight and feel), but it goes something like this:
Start by making a roux. Melt six tablespoons of butter in a 1.5 qt pot. Once melted slowly stir in flour until it thickens then add milk and continue stirring. Once you have the consistency your looking for add and stir in about a cup and a half of freshly graded Parmesan cheese. Once melted add a few splashes of white wine. Remove from heat and season to taste with garlic powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. If it's too thick then add either more wine or more milk. If it's too thin then let it cool a bit and it will thicken up.

Chris

Man that looks really good! Another added to the to do list, and your blooming onion thread bookmarked! If you really like onions wrap a yellow onion in foil and cook like a baked tater. It's kinda cooked to feel...don't want it to be mush but still be able to cut in half, pull the cups apart add butter to each one and usually some Lawrys and still have a little crunch to them. Probably have a pic of them somewhere if ya want.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan and hell yeah I'd like a pic. I love onions and that sounds really good.

Chris

I knew I had one

20200829_174625.jpg

1st time I told my sister about these she thought we were nuts! But when we made her some and she tried them she loved them! We've always used Lawrys but now that I've tried some of the Kinders seasonings I'll have to try some of those.

Ryan

Thanks! I think I'll give this a shot next weekend before we leave for vacation. The wife should be pleased.
I think you'll like them and they're pretty simple to make. Next week is my long week so I'll be checking in less frequently, but if you have any questions fire away and I'll do my best to answer them. Oh and one thing I forgot. When your adding the seasoning at the end don't forget to give it a small squirt or two of Dijon mustard. Not to much at one time. You don't want it to overpower the sauce. The breading is your basic flour, egg wash, panko breadcrumbs dredge. I do the flour and the bread crumbs in gallon zip lock bags. That way you have less of a mess, better coverage, and two less dishes to wash.

I knew I had one

View attachment 630082

1st time I told my sister about these she thought we were nuts! But when we made her some and she tried them she loved them! We've always used Lawrys but now that I've tried some of the Kinders seasonings I'll have to try some of those.

Ryan
Those look great Ryan. On my next weekend off I'm gonna give them a go. Thanks

Chris

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks awesome. It was a nice weekend here too but was to busy with other stuff to cook

Reactions: gmc2003
Great write up. And delicious meal! We like cordon blue too. And like others. I haven't thought of grilling them either.

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks awesome. It was a nice weekend here too but was to busy with other stuff to cook
Thanks farmer, I was supposed to be doing yard work, but I played hooky instead. In the end the wife wasn't to upset.

Fantastic Chris, great looking chicken and spuds

don't ever worry about all the pictures, thats what I like and also what I do to

David
Appreciate it David, I was worried the thread may get long winded like the cook.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Awesome! That looks incredible! On my list now , I love all the pictures!
Thank you very much Jed. Be careful they're very filling.

Great write up. And delicious meal! We like cordon blue too. And like others. I haven't thought of grilling them either.
Appreciate it Steve. With our winters I try and cook outside as often as possible. Most things work out fine others not so fine. This one worked.

Chris

Reactions: bauchjw
Nice work Chris! is that bread crumbs or grated cheese on the outside?
Appreciate the kind words Dan. Those are just the bread crumbs on the outside. When I make Parmesan chicken I mix the bread crumbs with some grated cheese.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky