SUNDAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by atlandjojo, Sep 25, 2015.

1. So just pulled the meat out of the freezer for my biggest smoke yet. Menu:

2 pork tenderloin
    2 racks of bb rivs
    Chicken wings
    2 chuck roasts
    Ground beef for burgers and maybe a meatloaf. Allthis for my family of 5 and a couple coworkers.

Friend bringing over:
    2 pork tenderloin
    Pork chops
    Ground beef
    And 2 racks baby back ribs
    All for her family of 6.

Gonna be a fun day. Will keep updated with Qview

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

WOW! You are going to be all over the place timing wise. What Temp are you smoking at and in how big a smoker?...JJ

3. Yea I figured that. Gonna be a long day. Probably smoking between 240-275. Any help will be greatly appreciated

4. chef jimmyj

The Chuck roasts will take the longest, somewhere around 1 to 1.5 hours per pound for a 3-4" thick roast. The BB Ribs, 2-1-1 at your temp or about 4 hours no foil. The Wings, will take a couple hours. The Burgers, Chops and Tenders, are best smoked to 120°F and finished on a Grill to 140-145°F. The Meatloaf I will leave to someone else as I have never made one and they will vary by size...JJ

5. Thank you so much for the advice

6. One more quick question, I have seen alot of different post on what temp to cook the chuck roast to, any suggestions

7. chef jimmyj

Cook until a therm probe slides in, all over, with no resistance. It is hard to say which temp. Some are probe tender in the 190's. Others go 205 to 210°F. Kind of when it's done, regardless of temp...JJ

8. floridasteve

floridasteve Smoking Fanatic

Sounds like JJ's got you under control. His advice is great.

9. So I am like a kid in a candy store as far as this smoking thing. Kinda bummed because my friend decided to wait to get her stuff smoked. So I pulled out every thing and got it seasoned and/or injected. Gonna getup about 5am and my 16 year old said he want to get up and help. That's my boy.

10. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG][​IMG]

Looks like a great smoke coming up.  I'm in.

Gary

11. Come on down to Georgia. Will be waiting

12. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That does sound and look like a party to me.Shame I won't be there,but if ya make any mistakes I'll be down on the 8th to let ya reprieve yourself.

[​IMG]

Richie

13. Lol. I'm watching my Bama boys on TV wi the smell of seasoned meat radiating from the fridge whenever it gets opened. Oh my

14. Well got the chuck roast and 3 racks of ribs going at 810

15. Using the 2-2-1 method for the baby backs. Here they are just before foiling. Used brown sugar, butter, and a little of my apple juice injection.

16. So here is a piece cut from the baby backs before starting the cook. This didn't get wrapped

18. 1st rack

2nd rack with 1st

19. So everything is out of the smoker. Tastes amazing. The larger chuck roast came out better.

tropics likes this.
  20. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job pulling that off,shame I won't get a taste now it all came out good.Thanks for sharing

Richie

[​IMG]