Lisiecka style Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Ground up 2.5 Kg of pork for Lisiecka style sausage. You are supposed to hand cube the majority of the meat into 3/4” chunks no grind then a small portion through the 1/8” plate twice or emulsified.

I was being lazy so I ran 2 Kg through the kidney plate and 500g through the 1/8” twice.
IMG_1812.jpeg

All mixed up and resting. Will stuff in 40mm beef casing in hoops later this afternoon.
IMG_1813.jpeg

Very nice , I am in for this .

Kielbasa is the reason I joined SMF in the first place. It is Mona's favorite sausage kind of meat.
I just have not made the leap , as she likes it so much. I don't want it to not be to her liking.

I will get over my short comings and do it , I must have 5 or more recipes for it . Just not sure. :emoji_confused::emoji_confused::emoji_confused:

David

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Very nice , I am in for this .

Kielbasa is the reason I joined SMF in the first place. It is Mona's favorite sausage kind of meat.
I just have not made the leap , as she likes it so much. I don't want it to not be to her liking.

I will get over my short comings and do it , I must have 5 or more recipes for it . Just not sure. :emoji_confused::emoji_confused::emoji_confused:

David
Any time you are ready David. There is a whole army of us over here to catch you if you fall.

Any time you are ready David. There is a whole army of us over here to catch you if you fall.

Thanks Eric, I know you guys are here if need be. And have been helped many times from all the knowledge on here.
It is just to do the right flavours for her. Got all the tools and have made some sausages. Just have to make the leap into the kielbasa world.

Thanks

David

I was being lazy so I ran 2 Kg through the kidney plate and 500g through the 1/8” twice.
Good looking Kielbasa. I have made something very close to this. My dad used to bring home Ukraian Kielbasa that had cubed ham in it. I got real lazy and just cubed up a cooked store bought ham and added it to my mix after the mix was cured so it did not get cured twice. LOL Tried find a picture of it but that was back when photobucket screwed everyone over and I guess I lost most of those pictures.

Thank you to all, I much appreciate it. Sorry I was swamped today. I hope you all saw the post to the recipe, if not say so and I will post it again. This is a solid Polish recipe and really is as they say “The Queen of sausages “

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky