Suggestions Please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin218r

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 14, 2015
Minnesota
I received 2 jars of this stuff as a gift.
icon14.gif

Just wondering what to use it on??

The smoke is very, very intense when you take a whiff from the jar. 

Looking for some great ideas from the brains of SMF.

Thanks everyone!

Soups, stews, salads, etc... A little on grilled items works too.   I wouldn't use it on anything I was going to smoke.

Also, a little goes a long way most of the time!

Soups, stews, salads, etc... A little on grilled items works too.   I wouldn't use it on anything I was going to smoke.

Also, a little goes a long way most of the time!
I was a little leery on using it on smoked items due to the intensity.  

Thank You CB!

Yep, use it anywhere you would put salt but want some smoke flavor...JJ

There are places/things you can't smoke, those are where I would use a smoked salt. Personally I like the salad idea.  You can use smoked meats in soups, stews, gumbos, etc..... but that lettuce keeps wilting in the smoker.

I would like someday to try one of those salt block trays. That just looks too cool not to work well, maybe in a pink Himalayan dead sea salt. Just joking...LOL I would like to try the plate/tray though.

Any style of eggs in the morning; Sliced cucumbers; anything you're grilling that you don't have time to smoke. Delish!

Yep, use it anywhere you would put salt but want some smoke flavor...JJ

There are places/things you can't smoke, those are where I would use a smoked salt. Personally I like the salad idea.  You can use smoked meats in soups, stews, gumbos, etc..... but that lettuce keeps wilting in the smoker.

I would like someday to try one of those salt block trays. That just looks too cool not to work well, maybe in a pink Himalayan dead sea salt. Just joking...LOL I would like to try the plate/tray though.
Thank you very much Guys!!

Foam did you try cold smoking that lettuce??

Toss some radicchio or cabbage onto a grill for a quick char, then add to your salad. 
241.png

Yall made me think with that popcorn idea.... how's bout some spicy smoked nuts? I always ruin mine on the smoker. I just can't seem to back 'em out fast enough...LOL I mean everything deserves 6 or 24 hours of smoke right? LOL

Sure ....... JJ brings caramel to the party.....LOL

That stuff is worse than drugs.... major addictive! I had to make more tonight to gice to my sister tomorrow, I have used up the pint jar I made the other day for her......ROFLMAO!  And I must say.... ZOMG smoked caramel..... just shoot me and put me out my misery. Its worse than bacon, once you have it, you'll be selling your kids to get more!

Hmmmmm...Smoked Caramel coated Bacon on a Stick! Give me a stand at the County Fair and I'll be able to rub elbows with Bill Gates!!!...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky