Fresh Chile ... anyone experience with this company ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
I found their hatch chilis at my grocer in August. They were very good. Grocer quit carrying them. So I placed a small three jar order. They arrived with two jars broken. They were poorly packaged and not labeled fragile. USPS included a note saying they were sorry.

I replied to Fresh Chili about how they arrived. Heard nothing from them for several days. I got a bit PO'd and sent them an email that I wanted a refund. I expected a refund for the entire order including the expensive shipping. They refunded me for the two jars that were broken. I ended up paying close to $20 for one $10 jar of chilis.

They're a big sponsor of Kent Rollins. Its not a small company. I saw them advertising on Monday Night Football. I thought they were awfully cheap and did not care about keeping me as a customer.

My problem now, I miss their chilis. I put them in my omelettes. Were very good. There's a chance I might risk another order.

I actually follow them on instagram. Have thought about ordering from them. But, after your experience I may rethink that.

Jim

I see they use plastic jugs , that eliminates a lot of shipping hazard.

I'm getting the Flame Roasted Hatch Green Chile ( medium ) , are this as good as Fresh Chile ? If so, I might get more than 3 pack.
I have never had the Fresh Chile brand. The Young Guns is in our local market and I have tried them in the plastic jug. It has some lime juice added for preservation so that’s in the taste but it’s good for a jarred green Chile. I think they have it roasted and frozen as well.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
The last few years Hatch has just been blah, so we started buying our Chile out of Pueblo Colorado. They are more local to us and the Chile is much better. Not nearly as commercialized as Hatch.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
I'm gonna give these a try. Only one way to find out. It costs less than Fresh Chili. Three jugs of this should last me a long time.

I hope I like it , haha :emoji_grin:

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I've already got a shipping notification from my Young Guns order this morning.

When I ordered from Fresh Chile, I got an automated reply acknowledging the order. But I went a week without getting any shipping info or hearing anything from them. I sent an email asking about it and got a reply saying they'd been very busy with unexpected orders. I got the chiles three days later.

The Fresh Chile company has problems.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
We have ordered from them several times in the past and likely will again. Once they shipped us the wrong item and when I contacted them they shipped out the correct item free.

I've never had the frozen variety and I'm a loooong way from the source. Do you like it better than the jarred products?
Never had the jarred. I live in the SW so Chile is everywhere in the fall around me. We used to do 2-3 bushels every year but would sometimes run short in the summer months so now do 4 bushels in the fall to carry us through the year. But back when we ran short I sometimes bought the frozen. It’s good Chile but they roast it then use water to remove the skins before freezing. This takes some flavor away. Not sure how they prep the jarred.

Got the chiles' yesterday and tried them with my omelette this morning and that's the flavor I'm looking for. They will work fine.

I got three 24 oz plastic bottles for the same price as 3 Fresh Chile's 16 oz jars.
That’s great news. I’m glad you like it. For a jarred green Chile it’s pretty decent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky