Stuffed CI Chicken, Strawberry and Candied Pecan Salad, Cookies and Ice cream.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Misplaced Nebraskan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2018
Austin, TX
Goat Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Chicken with Mediterranean Potatoes and Green Beans

f.jpg

Candied Pecan and Strawberry Spinach Salad

m.jpg

Pecan and Chopped Chocolate Cake Cookies with Blue Bell

i.jpg

First, the Chicken:

This has become a recurring favorite here. This time I decided to try and butterfly the chicken, smash it, then roll it up. The normal method of poke a cavity and stuff works fine, but why not mix it up.

Prep:

a.jpg

Seasoned inside with some fresh cracked black pepper and the goat cheese/bacon mix

b.jpg

Rolled up and hit with more pepper and our go to chicken rub, Cookshack Spicy Cicken Rub

c.jpg

Preheating the cast iron and kettle. Pecan chunk cause I just saw it laying there and love the smell. Didn't cook with it, just sharing with the neighbors haha.

d.jpg

Added a good knob of butter and rolled the chicken a few times every 5-10 minutes or so. This makes a mess, but the cheese and bacon that comes out makes for a great frying liquid!

e.jpg

Plated with some Mediterranean Potatoes and Green Beans (pre-made steam bag... shhhh)

f.jpg

I feel that the poke and stuff method is the better play. There was more stuffing in this method, but it takes way more effort to roll and cook evenly and not spill it all. Still delicious though and will be done again.

The Salad:

The Melting Pot has an amazing salad we love that is candied pecans, strawberries, feta cheese, and lemon poppyseed dressing, so we gave it a go. Time to candy some pecans!

Real rough chop, coated in egg white/water mix. Tossed in Sugar, Cinnamon, salt.

k.jpg

Oven roasted at 250°F for 45 mins, stirring every 15 mins

l.jpg

In retrospect... we should've made a smaller batch. We did 1 pound and have all these tempting pecans lingering around now haha. First world problems... Only knock on the salad was our dressing choice. We didn't see it was a "thick and creamy" dressing til too late. the Melting pot one is way looser, almost like straight oil based. The one we got was just to overpowering. Will look again for a different one. or make one... But this salad is a great way to mix it up! Very cool and refreshing with a pop of sugar and toasted pecan.

And Dessert:

i.jpg

These may need their own thread at some point. These cookies have become our absolute favorite. Pecans and chopped chocolate, slightly cakey.

h.jpg

g.jpg

j.jpg

Normally I post in the am... But I needed some recovery time today :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_laughing:

Worth it.

Cheers Y'all!

Great looking plate Zach, It all sounds like a wonderful combination.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: I hope that wasn't one of the pre-licked blue bonnet ice cream containers we keep seeing on the news. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Looks to be a ton of work Zach, and well worth the effort, you did a beautiful job on every little thing, huge Like! RAY

Thanks Ray! Truth be told, this was a full afternoon/evening of food. spread out over a few hours and the pecans made in advance. But, worth it in the end.

Looks good misplaced Nebraskan

Appreciate it!

That chicken looks tasty as heck. Gonna put that on the list.

Highly recommend it! Thank you.

View attachment 450951

...Need to try this out soon as we love goat cheese around here...

tenor.gif

Zach that looks delicious man! All of it. Great presentation and pics as well. Need to try this out soon as we love goat cheese around here. LIKE!

Thank you! We go through the two log pack of goat cheese from Costco pretty quick these days haha.

It all looks great Zach! No wonder you needed some recovery time

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! even though it was spread out, it still lead to some lethargic moments :emoji_sweat_smile:

Man all of that looks good! Top notch on the chicken!

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words.

Great looking plate Zach, It all sounds like a wonderful combination.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: I hope that wasn't one of the pre-licked blue bonnet ice cream containers we keep seeing on the news. :emoji_laughing:

Thanks Chris! and we always check the lids when we buy ice cream now. :emoji_grin:

Fantastic looking meal, Zach.
Seems like we never get around to buying goat cheese, but I figure I'll have to pick some up now.
That salad would definitely be a hit at our house. I agree that a creamy dressing would be good, but a thin one, better.
Gary

Thanks Gary! Just make smaller batch of pecans than I did :emoji_sweat_smile: we just wanted to make em as an add on. And now I'm snacking non stop.

Getting old. Forgot to mention the cookies. Be sure to post that one.
Gary

Next time I do the cookies I'll photo shoot it and see if I can put something together. Might sneak some candied pecans in a couple as a test as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky