Another Jalapeno Popper chicken casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
It's been quite awhile since I've done this and have had a craving for awhile. Did a few things different than my original thread so thought I'd post it up. First up I went lazy on both the bacon and chicken. Here is the start with the chicken cleaned off 3 Sam's Club rotisserie chickens. I think the combo fo the white and dark meat will make for a better bite than the shredded breast I usually do.
1000005838-01.jpeg
Next up I diced then sauteed one large Vidalia onion and 7 small poblano peppers. I added 3 packets of Sazon Goya cilantro y achiote packets to that.
1000005837-01.jpeg
I mixed that and about 10 oz of shredded cheddar into the chicken. I added the cheese here in an attempt to tighten up the bottom of the casserole.
1000005839-01.jpeg
The next layer is 72 oz softened cream cheese mixed with 12 oz bacon crumbles, diced jalapenos from 3 12 oz jars of rings and two packets of Hidden Valley Fiesta dip mix.
1000005841-01.jpeg
Before spreading that over the chicken mixture I packed it down and poked holes in it with a gloves finger. Going for the same concept as a poke cake wanting some of the mixture to cook down into the chicken layer. Here it is all topped.
1000005842-01.jpeg
The last step is to top with about 32 oz shredded cheddar, 8 oz bacon crumbles and most of the jalapenos from one 12 oz jar.
PXL_20231129_191202996.PORTRAIT.jpg
Into the oven at 375F for 35 minutes and about 8 on broil. I really like to brown that cheese on top. Here is the finished full pan
PXL_20231129_202226157.PORTRAIT.jpg
That's a wrap. Thanks for looking. UPDATE- This is very good however I'm always looking to improve. Next time I will mix a little taco seasoning into th chicken and use 3 instead of 2 packs of the Fiesta dip mix in the cream cheese.

Last edited:
If I could give more than 1 Love like I would.

That looks fantastic, and I could really hoo into that.

I am also a brown cheese lover.

David
Thanks David. So good on pizza too! Looks like my broiler has uneven heat on the element as one corner didn't brown. About 1/4 pan. Works ok for folks who may prefer it I guess lol.
Looks great ! Be good with a couple shakes of hot sauce ,,,, if you have any .
Thanks Rich! I think I may know where to get a little hot sauce 😂. I'll definitely pound some on mine. I use tame jalapenos in it to share with a broader group of friends and family who don't all love spicy.

That's a great looking casserole, but only 8 oz. of bacon on top?? Can't have too much bacon...🤣 Seriously though, that really does look and sound like a flavor bomb, my stomach is growling.

Sam's Club rotisserie chickens
I love those chickens and for $4.99 at my Sam's, they're a deal. They make great chicken salad, chicken noodle soup, etc...

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great ! Be good with a couple shakes of hot sauce ,,,, if you have any .
Just please pushed off a nice big piece that I ponder my Mean Green sauce on. Jalapenos and green superhots with some garlic in it. So good on the casserole.

That's a great looking casserole, but only 8 oz. of bacon on top?? Can't have too much bacon...🤣 Seriously though, that really does look and sound like a flavor bomb, my stomach is growling.

I love those chickens and for $4.99 at my Sam's, they're a deal. They make great chicken salad, chicken noodle soup, etc...
Man I use those chickens a lot now coruce is right and it's always nice and moist. Great shortcut

I am going to do this! Just a scaled down amount. Looks incredible!
Thanks Steve. I added an update above on adjustments I'll make next time.
Holy moly that looks like its is a flavor bomb ready to go off!
Thanks! It's pretty tasty especially with a bit of good hot sauce on it.

Scrumpdillyicious Jeff, that would hit the spot anytime of year.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks and sounds amazing! I gotta watch eating hot stuff anymore ( I think my body finally had enough of the abuse and rejects it now lol) but Im pretty sure I would still try a plate of that! Nice work!

That looks and sounds amazing! I gotta watch eating hot stuff anymore ( I think my body finally had enough of the abuse and rejects it now lol) but Im pretty sure I would still try a plate of that! Nice work!
I usually make this with jalapenos labeled as tame so that all can't eat it. I amp mine up with my hot sauce when I eat it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky