Something Succulent This Way Comes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks, yeah stuffing chiles full of good eats is a longtime favorite of mine too.
Mmmm, chorizo, onions and pepper jack cheese.

Add eggs to that and you have one of our go to breakfast dishes! During one of our camp outs last season I pre stuffed a bunch of poblanos with your above fillings and scrambled eggs. Fired up the discada one morning with oil. Battered the stuffed poblanos and deep fried them. Then Rolled them up in a tortilla with some enchilada sauce. Damn good breakfast burrito!!!

Thanks, yeah stuffing chiles full of good eats is a longtime favorite of mine too.
Mmmm, chorizo, onions and pepper jack cheese.
Add eggs to that and you have one of our go to breakfast dishes! During one of our camp outs last season I pre stuffed a bunch of poblanos with your above fillings and scrambled eggs. Fired up the discada one morning with oil. Battered the stuffed poblanos and deep fried them. Then Rolled them up in a tortilla with some enchilada sauce. Damn good breakfast burrito!!!
 Mmmmm mmmmm  
drool.gif
I am writing this down.... That sounds like it would be an amazing combo and great Breakfast meal..... I wonder if I can prep it the day before?? Then just in case I have an xtra beverage or 2 the night before and want a nice relaxing movie day.... Then its a quick morning feast and then try and hold down the couch so it doesn't run away.... 
biggrin.gif

Mmmmm mmmmm  :drool I am writing this down.... That sounds like it would be an amazing combo and great Breakfast meal..... I wonder if I can prep it the day before?? Then just in case I have an xtra beverage or 2 the night before and want a nice relaxing movie day.... Then its a quick morning feast and then try and hold down the couch so it doesn't run away.... :biggrin:  

I prep the peppers that I take camping 3-5 days before.

Last edited:
I've never done them with egg before, that sounds really good to me.
Sure as heck have made some killer Chile Relleno burritos before, usually with carne asada, french fries, cheese and guacamole... Which without the relleno is known as a California burrito.

chilerelleno chilerelleno - Now thats what Im talkin about! These look amazing. So funny you sent the link, because I was wondering about getting some good melting Mexican cheese and stuffing some pasillas. This is just genius! Imma be at the store this evening.

What temp did you cook at? Did you par-boil the peppers? I would think so for either these or the ABTs. I want to use Queso Oaxaca... its my favorite Mexican cheese for melting. So should I do a cream cheese mix with the Queso Oaxaca? Using the CC as more of a binder?

No parboil, roast and skin, seed if ya want to.
If you combine the Oaxaca or Chihuahua with cream cheese it is less likely to bubble out of the chiles.
Or if you can arrange some racks to hold them vertically, then use straight cheese.
Thin cut bacon will cook faster, but I like the meatier thick cut.
Smoke the thick cut at 300'-350'' till bacon is done. Thin cut at 250'-300'.

Last edited:
Also... Make more filling than you think you need, it seems to disappear somehow during handling.

LOL - I can attest to that happening WHENEVER I cook! By the time I get done cooking, people always ask, "Arent you going to eat?" I have to explain that I taste so much as I go, that by the time I am done, I just dont feel like eating.

But I snack on the vittles too! I have should in the fridge from Monday night. Ill pop it in the oven just warm it up for easier pulling.

What does your cheese mix look like? What ingredients do you combine?

Reactions: Binford 6100
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky