Something Succulent This Way Comes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
chilerelleno chilerelleno - what would you say is the defining "thing" that separates ABTs from Jalapeno poppers?
Back when I posted these I would've said they're the same, but no longer.
Now I say that ABTs are a BBQ item and are a stuffed chile wrapped in bacon and smoked/grilled.
Poppers are not BBQ they're typically a stuffed chile battered and deep fried.

Wait a minute... you can freeze the cream cheese mixture without it turning gritty ? I did not know this could be done. That adds a new level to my planning. I'm the only one in the house and most of the family without some sort of gut issue. I can/will/do eat almost anything, they simply cannot. Being able to make a few and freeze the rest is a game changer.

It was a tad grainy, but after being mixed with the PP and cooked it is a non-issue.
But not like straight cream cheese is after being frozen, maybe it was the fats from the sausage in it.
But even grainy frozen cream cheese is fine when use in baked goods and cooked dishes/sauces, and this falls in line with that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky