Smoking a ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
My workplace gives us a ham for the holiday season. It's a pre-smoked ham was going to fix it for one of our Christmas get togethers. Was wondering if there was anything special that needs to be done with this. I have never smoked a ham so any and all pointers appreciated. I am assuming that basically what I am going to be doing is heating this up to eating temp. Is 140-145 right for ham. Does a ham need to be foiled and rested before eating?

Yep you are correct. We call these double smoked ham. Bring it up to temp. I run the smoker around 180-200. No need to rest.

A good glaze is a nice touch. I like using apricot preserves and chipotle. Maybe some apple or pineapple juice to thin it down. Apply last 45 minutes or so.

Do a search of "double smoked ham" (Bear style)it will tell you everything you need to know. I am going to try that this week. it looks awesome.

My workplace gives us a ham for the holiday season. It's a pre-smoked ham was going to fix it for one of our Christmas get togethers. Was wondering if there was anything special that needs to be done with this. I have never smoked a ham so any and all pointers appreciated. I am assuming that basically what I am going to be doing is heating this up to eating temp. Is 140-145 right for ham. Does a ham need to be foiled and rested before eating?

Double Smoked Ham---One of my Specialties--No better Ham anywhere than a Double Smoked Cheap Ham:

Step by Step "How-To":
Double Smoked Ham

Bear

Hey everybody, I haven't been around for a while (life tends to get in the way at times) but Bear's double smoked ham is absolutely the only way to go. Definitely the best ham you'll ever have.

Hey everybody, I haven't been around for a while (life tends to get in the way at times) but Bear's double smoked ham is absolutely the only way to go. Definitely the best ham you'll ever have.

Thank You!!
Glad you enjoy them too!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky