Hammit, I made too much....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
Nah, just kidding. You can never make too much smoked cured meat.

Earlier this week I took all of the Christmas leftover ham and uncovered Ye Olde Slicer. I usually don't remember to take pics of stuff I cook and eat, but both of these were things I picked up from this forum, so I remembered!

One of them is approximately 1.5 lbs of pork loin ham. I really like this ham, especially from the lean end of the loin. I purposefully saved that end of the Xmas ham I cured specifically for sangwiches. Cure is as simple as a cure can be. 1.65% salt (including the curing salt) and 2% brown sugar.

Other slab was a chunk of Fricks. I like the Petite Ham version. Very lean. Both taken to 160ish for Christmas. I know the Fricks is cooked and all, I like mine a tad drier. I know, I'm weird.

Ye Olde Loin Ham

1704080015091.png

Nice and thin. Only way to eat a sandwich. Can't quite read through it, but close.

1704080105577.png

Frick's Petite. It's good too! Not as good as the loin ham, but better than anything you get outta da gabagool n pastrami shop. And at least my slicer is sanitized......

1704080204890.png

Anywhoo----- Happy New Year, ya filthy animals!

I love ham, I just used up the leftover ham and ham bone last night.
I made up a HUGE batch of split pea soup on the little lady's request.
We eat it over macaroni noodles. I have no idea why, but that's how we've always ate it around here. Now that I think about it, damn near every soup I make gets ladled over macaroni noodles.
I guess it's the dego in me.
LOL!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky