Fricken Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only thing I found was sliced ham pieces and one petite ham, no carvers. I'll look around next week when the stores are a bit calmer.

Reactions: Retired Spook
That is absolutely gorgeous sir. We have ham on hand all the time around here and of course, you got me looking for these :emoji_wink: Found them at an HEB in Cedar Park, which is less than 15 minutes away. Needless to say, next time I'm in town, I'm going shopping. Thanks VERY much for sharing this. we will be eating Fricken good here real soon :emoji_laughing:

Robert

HEB must have a deal with Frick's too because they put their label on them but there is a Frick's label too.

Frick's also makes a Braunschweiger that I fricken love. With some sliced onions and Gulden's spicy brown mustard on some good rye bread - I am in heaven!!!

Good stuff for sure!
Yes! Braunschweiger! Yup with onions on heavy rye, but with a spicy mustard like Colemans.

I found the Fricken ham! Picked it up at Walmart yesterday. 3.5 pounds for 17.00

IMG_20231203_043659593.jpg

On the menu for tonight. Keeping it simple. Oven baked with mashed and gravy. With a veggie.

Bought a small Frick's Hickory Smoked Carver Ham at HEB (the best ham made in my humble opinion) and decided to doctor it up with some cloves, fresh pineapple and Maraschino cherries...
View attachment 681395
Glazed with pineapple juice, dark brown sugar and honey.
View attachment 681396

Came out Fricken awesome!
View attachment 681397

If you have not tried one of these hams I encourage you to - they are the real McCoy not factory ham and they taste great! Sliced paper thin and fried with an egg for breakfast will knock your socks off, and a paper thin sliced carver ham and Swiss sandwich is magic.
View attachment 681398

The End

Now to clean that pan. Actually it is half water so it will not be that bad, but still a chore... 😳
Made me hungry for a ham sandwich. Looks delicious

I have been looking, I found 2 of the round petit versions at a food lion and did get one, and it was very petit at 2.25ish lbs. I'm on record many a time as saying I'm not much on ham, unless it's really good ham. It's not as good as the loin ham I did for Thanksgiving, but it's a whole lot better than most. Very lean, very clean tasting ham and was only 13$. I ran it in the oven until it hit 150 and once it cooled sliced it paper thin on my slicer. I bought a pack of ciabatta rolls and went ham on them..... those were 6 fat sandwiches indeed.

Spook has started a new cult lol. The Cult of Frickenhammites.

Frick's fricken hams are fricken pre-cooked - you can slice em paper thin right out of the fricken package and have the best fricken ham sandwich I ever tasted.

Bought a small Frick's Hickory Smoked Carver Ham at HEB (the best ham made in my humble opinion) and decided to doctor it up with some cloves, fresh pineapple and Maraschino cherries...
View attachment 681395
Glazed with pineapple juice, dark brown sugar and honey.
View attachment 681396

Came out Fricken awesome!
View attachment 681397

If you have not tried one of these hams I encourage you to - they are the real McCoy not factory ham and they taste great! Sliced paper thin and fried with an egg for breakfast will knock your socks off, and a paper thin sliced carver ham and Swiss sandwich is magic.
View attachment 681398

The End

Now to clean that pan. Actually it is half water so it will not be that bad, but still a chore... 😳
This looks amazing. What is the link to the Frick's Ham?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky