Simple Salmon Says ...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I love varied spice mixes, sauces, savouries and strong flavours. However, sometimes you just want to taste what you are cooking. This is what I was thinking when She Who Must Be Obeyed presented me with a beautiful wild Sockeye salmon fillet.

I just sprinkled on some SPOG (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder).

I preheated my pellet smoker to 180 F with oak pellets and put the salmon on with my BlueTherm Duo thermometer.

About 1 1/2 hours later, the internal temperature was 140 F.

I let it sit for five minutes.

We served it with coleslaw and pasta salad.

The Verdict

Simple Salmon says delicious. Enough said.

Disco

Nice Job Disco!!
icon14.gif
----
points.gif

KISS often Rules!!
icon14.gif

Looks Mighty Tasty!
drool.gif

Bear

drool.gif
OMG! That loks sogood! I have a Salmon fillet in the freezer, and am so wanting to try smoking it! Anybody got any tips for doing it on an Electric ECB??
points.gif

Followin your Blog too!

Nice Job Disco!!
icon14.gif
----
points.gif

KISS often Rules!!
icon14.gif

Looks Mighty Tasty!
drool.gif

Bear
Thanks, Bear. It was very tasty. Salmon just has such a great taste, it doesn't need a lot more.

drool.gif
OMG! That loks sogood! I have a Salmon fillet in the freezer, and am so wanting to try smoking it! Anybody got any tips for doing it on an Electric ECB??
points.gif

Followin your Blog too!
Thanks for the point and the follow on the blog! I would advise that some people like their salmon less well done than I do. An internal temperature of 140 F is fully cooked and firm but is the way She Who Must Be Obeyed and I like it.

Also cmayna does a lot of salmon. I would suggest you check out his posts and message him if you have any questions.

Disco

That plated shot gets you a point Disco!

I like using the KISS method

Keep It Simple Smoker!
Thanks for the point, Case. She Who Must Be Obeyed refers to me as KISSOB. I'll leave the translation to your imagination.

Great, Disco! I just picked up a package of frozen fillets last week thinking of the Mrs, and was trying to think of how to cook some. I love the simple SPOG approach ( the recipes I found seem overly complicated). I think I can get 180 out of my MB/hotplate/mailbox Rube Goldberg setup. It's a go for this weekend!
Thanks & points!
Dan

Great, Disco! I just picked up a package of frozen fillets last week thinking of the Mrs, and was trying to think of how to cook some. I love the simple SPOG approach ( the recipes I found seem overly complicated). I think I can get 180 out of my MB/hotplate/mailbox Rube Goldberg setup. It's a go for this weekend!
Thanks & points!
Dan
Get what you can from the rig, it will just take longer!

Thanks for the points.

Disco

Looks perfect Disco. After eating so much pork and beef the last week your qview gave me cravings! Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky