Manicotti seafood style.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Well folks,
I guess I can blame Robert on this one! His manicotti looked so darned good. I just had to make some last night. And that got me thinking about seafood manicotti.
It's really pretty simple:
16 manicotti shells cooked al dente. Boiled for about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Jar of meatless pasta sauce.
Filling:
12 ounces small cooked shrimp. Roughly chopped.
2 cans lump crab meat.Drained
1 3/4 cups, one small tub, whole milk ricotta cheese
6 ounces softened cream cheese.
1 small finely minced onion. Or green onions.
1/3 cup fresh parsley
dash pepper.
Put the ricotta and cream cheese in a bowl. And blend it together well. Then mix in the onion, parsley, and pepper.

P5040038.JPG

Add crab and shrimp.

P5040040.JPG

Gently fold in the crab and shrimp.

P5040042.JPG

Instead of using my jerky cannon. It is pretty big and bulky. But worked good. I found this little desert decorator at Walmart for 10.00. Figured I'd give that a try.
I just trimmed the nozzle enough to get a larger opening. Filled it. Which was real easy.

P5040043.JPG

It worked like a charm! I could fill 3 manicottis with one load.

P5040045.JPG

Placed the manicottis in a baking dish that had some sauce on the bottom. 1/2 -3/4 cup. Then used remainder of sauce over the top.
Then sprinkled some parmesan and mozzarella on top.
Wrapped tightly in foil. And baked for 35 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
Then removed foil. And baked for 10 minutes.

P5040047.JPG

Had with fresh baked bread. This was a delicious meal! And there leftovers for lunch!

Looks good Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

That’s some good looking manicotti Steve, and with the filling it just had to be good! That would probably go well with a white sauce too. I’m loving it.

Hell yeah Steve that looks amazing!
Thanks John!
Outstanding !!!
Thank you!
Good stuff there . Nice work

Thanks Chop!
That’s some good looking manicotti Steve, and with the filling it just had to be good! That would probably go well with a white sauce too. I’m loving it.
Thanks! I've had it with white sauce too. But, I felt that it was too rich that way.
YEAP! Looks good!
Thank you!

Oh my! Talk about taking it up a notch. This going on the menu soon. Taking trip to Dallas to get some mud bugs and maybe can find crab meat there. Maybe put my twist and use Alfredo sauce?

Reactions: zwiller
Looks delicious! Nice job! Peer pressure tastes so good.

Ryan

Oh my! Talk about taking it up a notch. This going on the menu soon. Taking trip to Dallas to get some mud bugs and maybe can find crab meat there. Maybe put my twist and use Alfredo sauce?
Thanks! It's ok with alfredo sauce. I just prefer red sauce with it. Not as rich.
Looks delicious! Nice job! Peer pressure tastes so good.

Ryan
lol! It sure is. Thanks!

Looks great Steve! A meal that has everything I can't eat lol..pasta, shellfish but it sure does look good from here.

oh yes! looks fantastic Steve! Making some of those someday for sure.

Hot damn!! That looks nothing short of amazing Steve. Glad to have been a bad influence on you....you've done it to me many times :emoji_laughing: I thought mine came out pretty good last week but yours in in another galaxy buddy.

Robert

My gosh those are amazing!! I love seafood pasta dishes. Using the decorator for stuffing was a genius idea.

My gosh those are amazing!! I love seafood pasta dishes. Using the decorator for stuffing was a genius idea.
Thanks Jeff!
Hot damn!! That looks nothing short of amazing Steve. Glad to have been a bad influence on you....you've done it to me many times :emoji_laughing: I thought mine came out pretty good last week but yours in in another galaxy buddy.

Robert
Thanks Robert! We do seem to do that!

Looks nice and yummy, Steve! I like y our "decorator" idea... Am gong to Walmart today and going to get it (if they have it in stock) ....
Thanks! Hope you can find it. It is a time. And frustration saver.
oh yes! looks fantastic Steve! Making some of those someday for sure.
Thanks Sandy!

Looks excellant Steve
Thanks Jim!

Looks great Steve! A meal that has everything I can't eat lol..pasta, shellfish but it sure does look good from here.
lol! That sucks! Thanks!

Well folks,
I guess I can blame Robert on this one! His manicotti looked so darned good. I just had to make some last night. And that got me thinking about seafood manicotti.
It's really pretty simple:
16 manicotti shells cooked al dente. Boiled for about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Jar of meatless pasta sauce.
Filling:
12 ounces small cooked shrimp. Roughly chopped.
2 cans lump crab meat.Drained
1 3/4 cups, one small tub, whole milk ricotta cheese
6 ounces softened cream cheese.
1 small finely minced onion. Or green onions.
1/3 cup fresh parsley
dash pepper.
Put the ricotta and cream cheese in a bowl. And blend it together well. Then mix in the onion, parsley, and pepper.

View attachment 631010
Add crab and shrimp.

View attachment 631011
Gently fold in the crab and shrimp.

View attachment 631012
Instead of using my jerky cannon. It is pretty big and bulky. But worked good. I found this little desert decorator at Walmart for 10.00. Figured I'd give that a try.
I just trimmed the nozzle enough to get a larger opening. Filled it. Which was real easy.

View attachment 631013
It worked like a charm! I could fill 3 manicottis with one load.

View attachment 631014

Placed the manicottis in a baking dish that had some sauce on the bottom. 1/2 -3/4 cup. Then used remainder of sauce over the top.
Then sprinkled some parmesan and mozzarella on top.
Wrapped tightly in foil. And baked for 35 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
Then removed foil. And baked for 10 minutes.

View attachment 631015

Had with fresh baked bread. This was a delicious meal! And there leftovers for lunch!
Very creative - could pound a couple of those nice job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky