Yes Beef Ribs and Potato Roses with Poppy seed slaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fantastic plated shot David. Really a thing of beauty.
I wasn't sure just how you were going to make roses out of those potatoes. Using the muffin tin was a stroke of genius.
As for what life and mother nature has thrown this way in the last year and a half.
The ice storm, the 2 hurricanes , the wild fires , and now the biggest rain and flood of the last 50 to 75 years
I am now just waiting for the swarm of Locust to fly through, lo

But now the storm is going crazy
lightning and thunder and none stop heavy rain. In the end we had 200mm -300mm in our area, We were hit with the most in Bedford and Sackville.
10 pm I went to the basement office to post this ( did not happen until today Sunday ) as i got to the bottom steps I was greeted with my new indoor pool.
After I stopped swearing I got the shop van from shop and went to work , finished just in time to pick up Lovie at the airport Saturday morning.
On the way to the airport i was not sure if I would make it as all night long I was getting Alerts on phone saying roads everywhere closed form the flooding.
Cars were everywhere just abandoned from during the night before.
The storm was just down to rain by this time and her plane made it in. But we were the hardest hit in NS. I had pulled out the boats and glad I did there were a couple Pontoon boats floating around in the morning , they were quickly gathered up.

Thank god there was no real wind at all it was just freaky warm and still not counting the HEAVY rain.

All good today , just clean up and I found where the water came in at . So digging up the side end of house and fixing today
I was worrying about you and Mona and the girls, so I'm glad to hear all is well. An indoor pool? Just living the dream, my friend!! :emoji_confounded: :emoji_wink:

Gary

Reactions: DRKsmoking
David, that is a world class, 5-star, magazine quality meal and presentation. Simply breathtaking my friend. The ribs look fantastic but as usual, you have taken the taters to a whole new level. Very well done sir and congrats on a much deserved carousel ride.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Very nice of you to say Robert, it was a great meal, and the ribs were
just perfect for me, juicy and tender. good bite . The juice was just flowing as the picture of the cut piece on the fork showed.

And the potato rose was very nice , and now you know me, I will now play with the flavour profiles , now that I know I like them.

And it is always an honor and never expected to make it to the carousal , my hat is tipped to who ever decides, thank you

David

That's a fine looking meal David, and I'm really liking those taters. Sorry about the flooding. Vt. was hit pretty hard with flooding but thankfully our town was spared. The same cannot be said for the surrounding towns or the mid state region.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

It was a great meal all around, and the taters will be done again in some form or another.

Now the rain storm, was just way over the top, literally. And I knew it came from down your way and was wondering how folks
made out as I seen some photos from NY state.

Glad it missed you.

David

WOW! That looks fanfriggintastic!!! Never seen thoe potato roses, but will be making 'em for sure! Congrats on the carousel ride!

Thanks Keith for the love and the comment

Yes the meal was great , and the rose potatoes , were just what I hoped they would be.

Found them when I was looking for something else. There were a couple different ways to do, but this is the one I liked . And glad I tried them.
Will be doing again , but will play with some flavours , like thin sliced onions in the roll with the potatoes , etc
And thanks about the carousal ride always an honor.

David

A great piece of work there David, nice job! I'd never take the time and effort to make the tater roses, they really do look magnificent. RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

Was a very nice meal, and yes the roses were a little work, but that is just me, playing to see if things work or not.
Trust me I do a lot of simple and quick meals also ,lol

David

Fantastic plated shot David. Really a thing of beauty.
I wasn't sure just how you were going to make roses out of those potatoes. Using the muffin tin was a stroke of genius.

I was worrying about you and Mona and the girls, so I'm glad to hear all is well. An indoor pool? Just living the dream, my friend!! :emoji_confounded: :emoji_wink:

Gary

Thanks Gary for the love and the comment

Was a nice meal and it really was a pretty plate of food, thank you for saying so.
Yes I saw them on some page somewhere and had to try them, wish I could take credit . But they will be done again with my flavour profiles next time

An indoor pool? Yes that is what I called my flooded basement. Not too bad over an inch + 1/2 , thank god for the shop vac. Nice to know the basement is not completely level, most of it was down to one half of the basement. Small blessings 😨
It was just amazing how hard it rained and the lightning and thunder . Never seen it stay in one area for so long ( hours and hours ) and than come back a couple hours later and start again. Went to work today and the roadwork and shut down areas , road blocks etc.
Lots of people I know with bad flooded basements ,
Again Mona and I came through with minor damage. Have not had a chance to check the RV as working and fixing the foundation. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks Gary about the concern for Mona the Girls and I. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

David

Great stuff right there! Hope you dont get a random at work with all of that poppy seed slaw.......:emoji_laughing:

Now the rain storm, was just way over the top, literally. And I knew it came from down your way and was wondering how folks

Southern and Central VT took the brunt of the weather. About 2-3 hours south from where I live.

Here's a shot of Montpelier our capital city. Basically central VT.
1690276834353.png

and one of Ludlow a little more south and closer to NH.
1690276895825.png

These aren't my pictures. So I'm not sure how long they will stay linked.

Chris

• Wow
Southern and Central VT took the brunt of the weather. About 2-3 hours south from where I live.

Here's a shot of Montpelier our capital city. Basically central VT.
View attachment 671494
and one of Ludlow a little more south and closer to NH.
View attachment 671495

These aren't my pictures. So I'm not sure how long they will stay linked.

Chris

WOW Chris, great pictures , but just terrible at the same time.
That is a lot of destruction.

When I see things like this and the 4 people that were washed away in our flooding.
I have nothing to complain about. 😥😥

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky