1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Seeing all those long time members no longer posting makes you wonder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tempnexus, Jul 1, 2018.

1. tempnexus

tempnexus Fire Starter

IF they have just quit posting or did they pass away. If they did pass away then let just give them a moment of remembrance and the fact that their advice/ideas/anecdotes/happy moments were immortalized in these forums.

2. I guess I am one of them. At 82 I am still cooking and smoking. I come on this forum a lot just to learn. Thank you all for your post and advice.

Waterville Jesse likes this.
  3. Maybe some of them went on to professional careers. Who knows?

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I think they just drift in & out over the years.
    Most of the time someone will give a heads up if someone has died.
    Al

5. mike243

mike243 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Life takes turns and we cant always do things we want to,some times the postings get to much to sort thru and I read more than post due to repetition,some rave when ever somebody new asks a question that's been asked a lot,never bothers me as you can skip reading it but some want to snark at folks for not searching. I tend to avoid threads when they jump them.Folks may know a lot but I learn at least 1 thing every time I pass thru,might forget it but can always go back and find it lol

6. Steve H

Steve H Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I post as my schedule allows. Sometimes peoples interest sway away from a particular hobby. I used to be a lunatic watch collector. But, not so much anymore.

7. tpc74

tpc74 Fire Starter

I think its more the drifting in and out. People get caught up with life and sometimes don't have the time or "energy" to get back here. Heck I just started posting again after a year or so.

8. tallbm

tallbm Master of the Pit

I couldn't answer when it comes to this forum.

I was a long time member of a different forum and once the forum performance went to hell that was it for me. It is still up and functioning but for some reason their solution was to reboot the machine when it got overloaded and in doing so you lost all the latest posts and such. Also sometimes if you click on posts too quickly you get a goofy message to try again in 30 seconds. That all makes it very difficult to use and enjoy.
    It's a shame because that was a GREAT community where it seems 90% of the other options/communities on the subject get ridiculous.

9. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I used to post a lot. I haven’t died, as far as I can tell.

Wife killed ANOTHER computer so I had to give her mine, so I’m stuck on the phone. I can never seem to find the recent posts the way I used to, so I just sorta stopped coming on here as it’s just not fun on this phone. I still check periodically.

10. tempnexus

tempnexus Fire Starter

Hello DC neighbor I am from Fairfax.