Seeing all those long time members no longer posting makes you wonder.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tempnexus

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
IF they have just quit posting or did they pass away. If they did pass away then let just give them a moment of remembrance and the fact that their advice/ideas/anecdotes/happy moments were immortalized in these forums.

Life takes turns and we cant always do things we want to,some times the postings get to much to sort thru and I read more than post due to repetition,some rave when ever somebody new asks a question that's been asked a lot,never bothers me as you can skip reading it but some want to snark at folks for not searching. I tend to avoid threads when they jump them.Folks may know a lot but I learn at least 1 thing every time I pass thru,might forget it but can always go back and find it lol

I post as my schedule allows. Sometimes peoples interest sway away from a particular hobby. I used to be a lunatic watch collector. But, not so much anymore.

Reactions: Binford 6100
I think its more the drifting in and out. People get caught up with life and sometimes don't have the time or "energy" to get back here. Heck I just started posting again after a year or so.

I couldn't answer when it comes to this forum.

I was a long time member of a different forum and once the forum performance went to hell that was it for me. It is still up and functioning but for some reason their solution was to reboot the machine when it got overloaded and in doing so you lost all the latest posts and such. Also sometimes if you click on posts too quickly you get a goofy message to try again in 30 seconds. That all makes it very difficult to use and enjoy.
It's a shame because that was a GREAT community where it seems 90% of the other options/communities on the subject get ridiculous.

I used to post a lot. I haven’t died, as far as I can tell.

Wife killed ANOTHER computer so I had to give her mine, so I’m stuck on the phone. I can never seem to find the recent posts the way I used to, so I just sorta stopped coming on here as it’s just not fun on this phone. I still check periodically.

Reactions: jcam222
I used to post a lot. I haven’t died, as far as I can tell.

Wife killed ANOTHER computer so I had to give her mine, so I’m stuck on the phone. I can never seem to find the recent posts the way I used to, so I just sorta stopped coming on here as it’s just not fun on this phone. I still check periodically.
Hello DC neighbor I am from Fairfax.

I don’t recognize many names here anymore. A few but not most. Used to have nightly chat sessions that were lots of fun.

Reactions: elham
I'm also guilty of lack of posting, still bounce in and out when time allows. I continue my sausage and bacon making and the drum still has the TBS coming outta the stack. I too miss the old days with 40 or 50 of us in the chat room.

Guilty also.

I smoke and cook a lot more than what I post. I guess you can only post the same successful smoke so many times before you start to think do I really need to post that again. Sort of like the you can only tell the extended family the same stories at Thanksgiving so many times.... But I'm reading every day, and do comment when the mood hits me so I'm not a total hermit yet.

Forums are always undergoing member rotation. Quite often long time members move on and sometimes they’re just taking a break.

Forums are always undergoing member rotation. Quite often long time members move on and sometimes they’re just taking a break.
I’ve been moderating forums on and off since 2002, and have noticed this reigns true. No matter how much people like each other and think they have the perfect community, the inevitable rotation will happen.

I have not been a long time poster but I tend to rotate my postings
Summer I try to post here a lot then fall comes and I am busy refreshing my dog then duck pheasant and deer hunting. I tend to post more on a bow hunting forum and a Minnesota hunting and fishing forum I am a moderator for.
Well after fall comes winter and Ice fishing is priority plus when it get to -25 degrees I tend to not want to smoke meat. So I guess I am just not interested in hearing about it because it makes me sad that other can and I cant. (enjoyably at least)

Reactions: Medina Joe
When I found this forum, I posted EVERY smoke to get advice on how to improve...
Now I post "different" methods, I have found, that give exceptional results...
And some food safety stuff....

We try our hardest to be polite and fair to everyone, from the newbie to the old sage. We want everyone to learn and grow. If you've had problems, please let us know! There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of every page and we take all requests seriously and try to resolve them as soon as possible. Don't hesitate to inform us of any problems! And, of course, any opportunities, too! Thanks!

Guilty also.

I smoke and cook a lot more than what I post. I guess you can only post the same successful smoke so many times before you start to think do I really need to post that again. Sort of like the you can only tell the extended family the same stories at Thanksgiving so many times.... But I'm reading every day, and do comment when the mood hits me so I'm not a total hermit yet.

X2... My crew repeatedly ask for their favorite smokes, so how many times you want to see my Ribs? I pretty much post when I see a safety issue or to answer questions regarding a technique, recipe or procedure...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky