Seeing all those long time members no longer posting makes you wonder.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've only been on the forum a little over 5 years, so I don't consider myself a long time member. This is my favorite forum for overall smoking and grilling. There is a great family feeling here that I really enjoy. I am not a big poster but I try and add information when I think it will help. I think Jeff and the mods do a great job keeping the forum on track. As stated, members will come and go as their lives change. One of my pet peeves is when someone quotes a post, with lots of pics in it and then doesn't remove the pics from the quote. I have already seen the pics, I don't need to scroll all the way through them again to see your post, plus it wastes bandwidth.

Hello friends!

I guess I’m one of the old members guilty of not posting much anymore. Like Al said, sometimes life intrudes, and we just get busy with other things. My first grandchild was born in 2017...he occupies much of the free time I used to spend here. But I’m still around and still smokin, and even though I don’t post much, I still browse the forums regularly to read what’s new with my old smoking buddies. And I still talk with a few of those old friends through PMs, just to keep in touch.

Red

Last edited:
I've only been on the forum a little over 5 years, so I don't consider myself a long time member. This is my favorite forum for overall smoking and grilling. There is a great family feeling here that I really enjoy. I am not a big poster but I try and add information when I think it will help. I think Jeff and the mods do a great job keeping the forum on track. As stated, members will come and go as their lives change. One of my pet peeves is when someone quotes a post, with lots of pics in it and then doesn't remove the pics from the quote. I have already seen the pics, I don't need to scroll all the way through them again to see your post, plus it wastes bandwidth.

Yeah, that happens now & then. Some guys do that for awhile until they catch on.
Also some, after making a mistake (like spelling), then start another post with the correction, because they don't know they can hit edit (bottom Left), and change their mistake.
Most of us eventually get it, even Me.

Bear

Hello friends!

I guess I’m one of the old members guilty of not posting much anymore. Like Al said, sometimes life intrudes, and we just get busy with other things. My first grandchild was born in 2017...he occupies much of the free time I used to spend here. But I’m still around and still smokin, and even though I don’t post much, I still browse the forums regularly to read what’s new with my old smoking buddies. And I still talk with a few of those old friends through PMs, just to keep in touch.

Red

Many of us Miss you, Red!!

Bear

Reactions: retfr8flyr
Many of us Miss you, Red!!

Bear

Howdy John...thanks Brother! I'll try to do better...I just got out of the habit of posting after the grandson was born. It seems like he gets most of my focus these days.

From last weekend - Andy and his old fat granddad. You may be able to tell that the little guy has me wrapped around his little finger! ;)
381632-14c5b295f03b117e36f310920be2ae6e.jpg

Red

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPEG
    IMG_0536.JPEG
    115.9 KB · Views: 12
Howdy John...thanks Brother! I'll try to do better...I just got out of the habit of posting after the grandson was born. It seems like he gets most of my focus these days.

From last weekend - Andy and his old fat granddad. You may be able to tell that the little guy has me wrapped around his little finger! ;)

Red

I understand entirely, Red!!
He's a whole lot cuter than I am!!

Bear

I'll second what John said, but I understand Grand kids are special

Gary

Many of us are still around and just don't post much personally I don't smoke near as much as I used to and I read a lot of posts but usually don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said

Well, I am still here too, had to take some time off after a death in the family. Winter time like it is now is when I do most of my sausage making and smoking. Like a lot of others I read a lot more now than I post, but I am usually in the wings watching what's going on and will chime in if something tickles my interest. Love all of ya'll,, enough said.

Many of us are still around and just don't post much personally I don't smoke near as much as I used to and I read a lot of posts but usually don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said

What Jerry said pretty much sums it up for me too. I check in here almost everyday but rarely have anything to add, as the new generation of smokers seem to have it covered

Well, I am still here too, had to take some time off after a death in the family. Winter time like it is now is when I do most of my sausage making and smoking. Like a lot of others I read a lot more now than I post, but I am usually in the wings watching what's going on and will chime in if something tickles my interest. Love all of ya'll,, enough said.

Good to hear from you, Maybe us old guys need a Thread of our own I don't post as much as I used to But I do love to read the Post and look at the Pic's

Gary

Reactions: hoity toit
What Jerry said pretty much sums it up for me too. I check in here almost everyday but rarely have anything to add, as the new generation of smokers seem to have it covered

And at the age of 98, you prove We Old guys can still make posts on this Forum!!

Bear

Reactions: DanMcG
I haven't been around as much the last year as I was the first three years I was on this board but I'm back now. Life got crazy for a while and it's still crazy but damn it I've got to have my Q-View fixes.

I'm right there with many of you. Life throws you some curve balls and your priorities go into a different direction.

One reason I don't post as much as I used to is I usually smoke the same stuff over and over I just figured
everyone was probably tired of seeing my same ole briskets, ribs, butts, etc

Gary

Reactions: hb99
Depends on what you mean by "old"...LOL! I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've visited here, but like most, I'm a fair weather smoker. We got 14" of snow last week. Most of it melted before the new snow we got last night.

I drift around to a couple of places on the net based on my mood, interest at the moment and generally to keep busy (learning something).

I can play guitar, brew beer, make cider and/or mead any time of the day.

One reason I don't post as much as I used to is I usually smoke the same stuff over and over I just figured
everyone was probably tired of seeing my same ole briskets, ribs, butts, etc

Gary

You could post a Brisket every week, and I'd be all over that Outstanding hunk of meat !! Or any other meat you smoke.

As for those who don't post things because they already did that same thing last month, well there are New guys joining this forum every day, and they haven't seen the stuff we posted last year, or last month, or even last week.

I post a lot of the same Sammies I've done before, and I haven't had a lot of complaints, and only one or 2 have been ignoring my posts.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky