Saturday Eye of Round Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
Saturday was a good day. Been cleaning up the Highland for spring and ended up doing a eye of round roast. After trimming it was close to 5.10 lbs. 20180324_000931.jpg
Nice coating of rub.
20180324_001529.jpg
Decided to go with a BBQ sauce on it. This is just before putting it on.
20180324_154232.jpg
And after when I was getting ready let it rest 5 minutes.
20180324_165515.jpg
Not bad. Came out pretty good for my liking.
Nice smoke ring produced on it.
Used lump coal and hickory splits for the run.
20180324_165831.jpg
Dinner was pretty good. I put the baby potatoes in the Highland close to the FB side since it runs hotter.
20180324_165527.jpg
Just a little salt & pepper with some olive oil.
And my plate
20180324_170043.jpg

Look good! How was the texture on that thick of a slice? I usually go pretty thin on eye of round.

The texture was tender but with some chew to it due the thickness of the slice of meat. I would have normally used my meat slicer and did 1/2 inch steaks with it but I wanted a thick piece. I never had melt in your mouth tender from round. Always had slight chew to it but never a jaw workout. This one turned out good. I did a thinner slice for my dinner tonight. It was tender and just as good as the day before. Now using the Highland compared to my MES. The smokiness was different. Using log splits and lump coal definitely plays a different role in flavoring then when I use pellets and a electric heater element.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky