NY Strip Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Ended up picking up a NY strip roast. After taking some recommendations on cooking method I decided to cut it into thick steaks.

IMG_9076.jpeg

IMG_7215.jpeg

After that I kept two out to dry brine in salt and in the fridge for a few hours and packaged two other for the freezer. Also used the little end piece for some steak and eggs in the morning 😂
IMG_7216.jpeg

Here they are after sitting in the fridge, then seasoned up

IMG_7231.jpeg

IMG_7232.jpeg

On to the kettle with some hickory chunks
IMG_7235.jpeg

Then topped with some homemade garlic butter and cut, was cooked just a tad too long for me but it was still pretty good

IMG_7237.jpeg

That looks exactly like what I want for supper! Ok... I'm with you on them being a bit overdone but that wouldn't slow me down too much. Too bad its gonna rain all day here so no grillin'

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Nice Steaks! Mean and spuds is what’s for dinner!

Even with it being medium I would have gobbled it down with a happy face! I have a whole NY roast in the freezer so I might have to copy you!

Those are some nice steaks . Good call on cutting them .

It happens . Just did it myself the other night . 120 went to 135 in a hurry . Still great though .

This one did just that sky rocket from 120. Then by the time I cut the other one for my wife and kids it carried over too much! Still wasn’t too shabby though thanks for the reply!

Nice Steaks! Mean and spuds is what’s for dinner!

Even with it being medium I would have gobbled it down with a happy face! I have a whole NY roast in the freezer so I might have to copy you!

Thanks can’t take credit. Many of other members recommended slicing it up in another post I made! That’s why this forum is great!

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky