Christmas Day Burger and Chuck Eye Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
OK so no caveman cooking this time - and the results were much better.

1/2-lb HEB 80/20 chuck, Kosher salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion and fresh ground black pepper perfectly seared over a very nice oak fire
IMG_2159.JPG

White American cheese added
IMG_2160.JPG

The plate shot (I ate a nice large salad about an hour before this so I got my veggies for those that care... :emoji_sunglasses:). That pinkish juice gets me high!
IMG_2161.JPG

Cooked to perfection (my concept of) and taste fantastic. I hadn't considered using white American until someone mentioned it in another thread - indescibably good!
IMG_2162.JPG

Next up - a small chuck eye steak to offset the last couple that I ruined cooking semi-caveman style...
Side A
IMG_2163.JPG

After a rest I sliced it open and it was spot on the money - and taste like heaven on a plate cutting board.
IMG_2164.JPG

Merry Christmas y'all!

OK so no caveman cooking this time - and the results were much better.

1/2-lb HEB 80/20 chuck, Kosher salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion and fresh ground black pepper perfectly seared over a very nice oak fire
View attachment 684294

White American cheese added
View attachment 684295

The plate shot (I ate a nice large salad about an hour before this so I got my veggies for those that care... :emoji_sunglasses:). That pinkish juice gets me high!
View attachment 684297

Cooked to perfection (my concept of) and taste fantastic. I hadn't considered using white American until someone mentioned it in another thread - indescibably good!
View attachment 684298

Next up - a small chuck eye steak to offset the last couple that I ruined cooking semi-caveman style...
Side A
View attachment 684299

After a rest I sliced it open and it was spot on the money - and taste like heaven on a plate cutting board.
View attachment 684300
Merry Christmas y'all!
Looks great! I actually grilled burgers last night. 12/24 and it was in the 40's. Today it hit 52 and beautiful out.

Burger looks great…and who needs veggies when the protein looks that good!
and that steak…I’d eat right off the board too!

Merry Christmas sir! 🎄🎅
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Retired Spook
Burger looks great…and who needs veggies when the protein looks that good!
and that steak…I’d eat right off the board too!

Merry Christmas sir! 🎄🎅
Jim
Thank you, Sir!

You would be surprised how often I eat right off that board! I thoroughly soaked it with food grade mineral oil until it would absorb no more and it has been an excellent cutting board!

Reactions: JLeonard
Both look great.
But no way I could eat a steak after that big burger patty. Us old folk just don't eat as much as you young'uns.
Hahaha the steak is in the fridge - I only had a taste! I'm old too... :emoji_sunglasses:

Looks great! I actually grilled burgers last night. 12/24 and it was in the 40's. Today it hit 52 and beautiful out.
Same! It hit almost 70 here today! With a few more mimosas , we were going to make mud angels today...........

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Goodness RS this looks wonderful. I need to try that cheese on my next batch of burgers.

Fred
That white American was just great on that burger! I may have to defy my Doctor's orders and find some kind of roll that I can tolerate, psychologically, as a substitute for a real Kaiser roll that isn't just reformed Wonder bread, and then cook up some Better Than Good bacon (available at HEB) and maybe add some lettuce and tomato and have me a classic RS burger, in light of how well that cheese went with that burger!

Goodness RS this looks wonderful. I need to try that cheese on my next batch of burgers.
Fred

That white American was just great on that burger! I may have to defy my Doctor's orders and find some kind of roll that I can tolerate, psychologically, as a substitute for a real Kaiser roll that isn't just reformed Wonder bread, and then cook up some Better Than Good bacon (available at HEB) and maybe add some lettuce and tomato and have me a classic RS burger, in light of how well that cheese went with that burger!

LoL white American is the best I've found. Also works well in enchiladas and rellenos, but I like to combine with a bit of cheddar for Mexican.

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky