San Diego Gathering Perhaps?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uc smoker

Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
San Diego
I just joined but I am aching for an informal gathering somewhere in San Diego. I would like my wife to go but she does not travel well in any kind of distance...After Labor Day in SD its easier to do things in town, less crowded but still great weather...

I'm just throwing this out there but I've got alot to learn before I could enter an official contest...

BTW thanks for the invite to this group and i promise to show up at local events, etc.

I'd be interested in a local gathering... Scarbelly tried to organize one at the Fallbrook BBQ contest recently, but unfortunatelly I had other commitments and couldnt attend.

I am working with the folks at Lake Skinner trying go get a discount rate for the first weekend in October for a gathering. It is fairly central (just outside of Temecula) for So Cal and has a water park for kids and fishing for adults. There are also some great biking and walking trails. There are some areas that can accommodate both  RV and tent camping. If we can get 12 in that area we can get the area for $300 (with no discount)  with full hook ups for RV and nice tent camping which brings it down to $25 per nite.  

I will be putting out the call for participants soon but anyone who is interested can let me know now via here or PM 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky