Salisbury Steak (Venison/Beef/Pork) with Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great but dangit, killed a buck last weekend and thinking of tenderizing some of the steaks to make chicken fried steads with mash taters and gravy, now undecided lol

Not sure how I missed this 1st time around, but that is some mighty fine looking food, Keith. Meat, potatoes, and gravy, what's not to love about that?
Looks great but dangit, killed a buck last weekend and thinking of tenderizing some of the steaks to make chicken fried steads with mash taters and gravy, now undecided lol
Chicken fried steak is also a great option...

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks mike243! This is good....but nothing wrong with chicken fried steak either!
Not sure how I missed this 1st time around, but that is some mighty fine looking food, Keith. Meat, potatoes, and gravy, what's not to love about that?

Chicken fried steak is also a great option...
Thanks GonnaSmoke. The forum has gotten so big tht it is hard to see everything posted first go-round...I find I have missed a bunch of posts too.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks Awesome, Inda!!!
I don't know how I missed this all this time, but when I hear "Salisbury steak" there's only two things that come to mind;
#1 is the frozen TV dinners we got many years ago.
#2 is "Salisbury steak" was one of the things they had in the rotation @ My School Cafeteria.
I'm betting yours are 1000 X Better!!!
Like.

Bear

Had to come for another look Keith. I subscribed to that guys channel. I getting everything today. Decide this for my Thanksgiving. I not a fan of turkey and this looks so good!

Looks tasty, I would if definitely gone for some of that with the wind and snow blowing today!

I had forgot about this Keith. I think its time again!

Edit: Made the roux, sauted bacon and got all the prep work done. Man I need a sous chef!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky