Venison, Beef, Wild Hog Salisbury Steaks, Gravy, and Homemade Mashed Potatoes.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks JLeonard! My Wine Making Uncle is in the ICU right now...pulmonary fibrosis. I offered a plate to my Aunt. She was at the hospital all day today. I will likely drop by to see him tomorrow. She said his condition is improving and he may be moved to a regular room tomorrow. We shall see what the day brings.....
Oh man sorry to hear this. I’ll keep him and the family on my prayers! Keep us updated.

Jim

I know I'm late getting in on this one, but HOLY WOW!

The bride and I were talking about making a version of this a few days ago, now I need to show her this post and get busy.

Reactions: indaswamp
I know I'm late getting in on this one, but HOLY WOW!

The bride and I were talking about making a version of this a few days ago, now I need to show her this post and get busy.
Thanks Cranky! I used 3# ground venison/beef and 1# homemade wild hog/commodity pork breakfast sausage. the cane syrup in the sausage is what caused the slight burning....

idhitit.jpg

• Haha
I was wanting Salisbury steaks last week , never did get around to it.

But now looking at this beauty of a dish. I have to get it going.
Like I have said before you make a very rich looking gravy/sauce .
I could just sit with a big bowl of that , but a bonus to have the creamy mashed and the steak.

Just love it

David

Like I have said before you make a very rich looking gravy/sauce .
Thanks David. After frying the hamburger steaks, I sauteed the onions until most had caramelized and browned very well. Those two steps, plus a little dark brown roux, and the Worster sauce....yep-really dark gravy. I did add a little xanthan gum; about 1/2tsp. to 2 1/2~3qts. of gravy. That helped....

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky