Smoked Potato Gravy Bombs and Smoked pork steak, sliced and fried

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! Looks absolutely delicious. And the potato gravy bombs! I have never seen that before. What a concept. Both plates look scrumptious. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
WOW!! I hadn't seen your potato bombs before, David. What a fantastic idea. That's a great meal all around.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the love and the like and the comment

I have smoked potato balls a few times and last year I also smoked the bombs with the gravy , I just wanted to do it with more gravy and here it is again
Glad you thought they were a good idea.

David

Wow! Looks absolutely delicious. And the potato gravy bombs! I have never seen that before. What a concept. Both plates look scrumptious. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Kim for the likes and the comment

Thanks about both the meals, and the bombs are fun to do . I have been making them for a year or so now.
Love doing them in the smoker, but they work even better I bet in the deep fryer

David

Smoked Potato Gravy Bombs and Smoked pork steak, sliced and fried

Yes Gravy bombs again, last time I said I wanted more Gravy inside . So found a bigger container instead of the ice cube tray that I got in trouble using last time, lol

Yes Easter egg cups, filled , froze and than made the mashed potato . Added pepper salt and green onions and parsley

View attachment 663226 View attachment 663227 View attachment 663228

View attachment 663229 View attachment 663231

Put the two sides together to make the shape of the egg, insert the gravy into the potato, make a ball. roll in the flour, egg and milk, than the bread crumbs, right into the freezer for 30 minutes. get the smoker up to approx. 350 deg. with Cherry chunks ( sprayed the balls with cooking spray so the bread crumb coating crusted up )

Earlier I coated the pork with Jeff's ( @TulsaJeff ) Texas style Rub, first time to use this one . I really like it . Let wait in the fridge for couple hours
Than into the smoker same time as the potato bombs. The pork was removed in about 40 minutes, the potatoes 60 minutes.

View attachment 663232 View attachment 663233
View attachment 663234 View attachment 663235

Sliced the pork into nice size pieces, into the CI with onions and mini corn and a bit of the gravy. Saved some of the smoked pork for other plate later.

View attachment 663236 View attachment 663245

Bring out the potatoes and plate up
View attachment 663238

View attachment 663240View attachment 663241

And the final close up shot, of this fun and very tasty pork, and the Smoked Mashed gravy Potato Bombs .
A great plate of food

View attachment 663244

Thanks for hanging around to the end

David
Wow completely amazing man!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky