Salisbury Steak (Venison/Beef/Pork) with Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
With all the classic dishes posted recently, here is another one...Salisbury steak-but I made it with 3.75# Venison/beef along with a 1.25# pack of wild/domestic hog breakfast sausage. The sage and sweetness from the steens syrup in the sausage go well with the Worcestershire sauce and carmelized onion in the gravy. But the sugars will burn, so after frying I put them on a sheet pan in a 425*F oven for 20 minutes to finish cooking through while I made the gravy and potatoes.

The pot:
IMG_20220915_195010.jpg

The Plate:
IMG_20220915_201646.jpg

IMG_20220915_201719.jpg

Delicious!

Thank you Robert.....It sure did hit the spot! I was trying to remember who is the gravy king on SMF....you or zwiller zwiller ?? The gravy was real good....

Not me for sure. MIL ran a bunch of kitchens including Elk Lodge and Yacht Club and converted us to Heinz gravy in the jar. Even worse, I prefer the frozen salisbury steak entrees over wife's scratch made. I think it's grilled?

Reactions: indaswamp
Not me for sure. MIL ran a bunch of kitchens including Elk Lodge and Yacht Club and converted us to Heinz gravy in the jar. Even worse, I prefer the frozen salisbury steak entrees over wife's scratch made. I think it's grilled?
Thanks zwiller. The Heinz gravy in a jar is pretty good, but I like making stock from scratch...takes the dish from simple home meal to flavor bomb masterpiece.

Did someone say Gravy? :emoji_blush:
Perfect plating right there...and since you added more gravy you had just the right ratio! Great job on that!

Ryan
Thanks Brokenhandle! LOL! Yeah, perfect amount of gravy after I added more...almost needed a bigger bowl! LOL!

Reactions: zwiller
Yes with the cool mornings here now , this plate of gravy would hit the spot, lol
I love this , great looking plate , we love salisbury steak, love the colour of the gravy, very rich and dark

David

Yes with the cool mornings here now , this plate of gravy would hit the spot, lol
I love this , great looking plate , we love salisbury steak, love the colour of the gravy, very rich and dark

David
Thanks David! The caramelized sugar from the pork sausage really made a dark gravy. And it was good!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Not much else I can say but PERFECT!!!.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky