rib tips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Who cooks rib tips?

I buy spares and cut them.

Here are mine from tonight.

How do you cook them? Wrap? Temps?

Come , now... Just do the whole slab as you do the Ribs, no Prob.

These were whole... and delicious. Why smoke twice when you can just cut the tips off.

But if you just want tips , same game different players...I do that when I want Pinto Beans and Cornbread.

That's some good lookin tips! I love me some tips as much or more than ribs. Usually go 275-325 in the mini and flip part way through. Nice smoke ring going on!

Come , now... Just do the whole slab as you do the Ribs, no Prob.

These were whole... and delicious. Why smoke twice when you can just cut the tips off.

But if you just want tips , same game different players...I do that when I want Pinto Beans and Cornbread.

Who don't like to smoke more often? 2 smokes on one rib. Win- win

That's some good lookin tips! I love me some tips as much or more than ribs. Usually go 275-325 in the mini and flip part way through. Nice smoke ring going on!

Thanks Keith.

Different meat than the ribs. A bit fatter.

Ahh but the fat is good. If I want meat just cook ribs.

Two smokes , how do you get out of Honeydo's , Kevin ,  are you that fast , Superman
super.gif
. I have to budget my time...

Great looking

Looking to do 2 racks of brisket rib tips ,and one rack of baby backs tomorrow....

did you use the 3-2-1 method.

or how did you cook yours ?

I plan on cooking mine @ 245  for 2 hours and foil wrap for 2 hours @ 225 remove for a cool down and back in smoker to glazing them up.

On the plastic wrapper they came in it says to foil wrap on covered shallow cookie sheet for 350 for 1.5 hours and put on grill for glazing them off on grill....never have done that one.

Before i started smoking ribs ,,,, I have always cooked the Baby Backs in the oven for 3 hrs @ 300  and foil wrapped ..  has far has being tender they always turn out falling off the bone ,,,,,

thanks 

Should the internal temps be 190 on the rib tips?

that's what the package has when doing them in the oven 

just wondering anyone can chin in 

Great looking

Looking to do 2 racks of brisket rib tips ,and one rack of baby backs tomorrow....

did you use the 3-2-1 method.

or how did you cook yours ?

I plan on cooking mine @ 245  for 2 hours and foil wrap for 2 hours @ 225 remove for a cool down and back in smoker to glazing them up.

On the plastic wrapper they came in it says to foil wrap on covered shallow cookie sheet for 350 for 1.5 hours and put on grill for glazing them off on grill....never have done that one.

Before i started smoking ribs ,,,, I have always cooked the Baby Backs in the oven for 3 hrs @ 300  and foil wrapped ..  has far has being tender they always turn out falling off the bone ,,,,,

thanks 
Your doing beef ribs?

These were pork rib tips.

I dont measure the temp of the meat.   I cook till probe tender.

I put them on the smoker and dont touch them until done.   No foil, on mop, dont spray anything.

Dang CF, you sure got my mouth watering, beautiful.   Here I sit, wife is off to a Christmas party and I am looking at some leftover pizza.  I'm giving some anchovies a blast with the Smoking Gun just to liven it up a bit though, without complaints.  Sure would rather have your tips instead.

Thanks for the nice pics.

Tom 

Dang CF, you sure got my mouth watering, beautiful.   Here I sit, wife is off to a Christmas party and I am looking at some leftover pizza.  I'm giving some anchovies a blast with the Smoking Gun just to liven it up a bit though, without complaints.  Sure would rather have your tips instead.

Thanks for the nice pics.

Tom 
Thanks Mr.T.

Anchovies?    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

As for the pics, takin with my phone.   It does a decent job.

Take some pics and start a thread on it. We all like to help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky