Making up for lost time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
It wasn't so long ago I could eat a full rack of ribs and a side all by myself. But at age 43, my metabolism has slowed way down and I can only get a 1/2 rack in with a side.

I now cut my slabs in half and freeze them.

So that's what's on the smoker tonight. Memphis Dust rib rub (sans the thyme, rosemary and brown sugar).

I'll fry some fries with it here in a bit.

IMG_4173.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

Looking good! I would note that BBQ pork freezes and reheats wonderfully and you could smoke a full rack and then freeze half to have quick BBQ fix later. We often do that and after thawing it we warm it back up in the microwave and toss the heated ribs on the grill for a minute or two on each side.

Looks mighty good! And from the looks of it...You got the right amount of salt on the fries. As I've gotten older my plates have gotten smaller and the craving for salt has gone up.

Jim

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
It wasn't so long ago I could eat a full rack of ribs and a side all by myself. But at age 43, my metabolism has slowed way down and I can only get a 1/2 rack in with a side.

I now cut my slabs in half and freeze them.

So that's what's on the smoker tonight. Memphis Dust rib rub (sans the thyme, rosemary and brown sugar).

I'll fry some fries with it here in a bit.

View attachment 679778

View attachment 679779
Looks great Hannah, love ribs and fries.

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
I hear ya on slowing down, on Ozempic for diabetes and it has cut out my craving for food, down about 13lbs , poor little ol thing looks lonely should have throwed a fatty on there for breakfast :emoji_laughing:
At the risk of a thread derailment did the Ozempic replace another med? I am thinking of asking the endocrinologist about this to replace something I am taking for type 2.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky