Recent Cooks # 2 w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Again from my last post I have gotten bad about documenting cooks. I will check my phone and only gotten a couple of pics rather than enough for a step by step. Anyways figured I would share what I had.

Pastrami. First time doing this. Got some great guidance from jcam222 jcam222 . Built the sandwiches on the griddle.
recent1.jpg

recent2.jpg

recent3.jpg

recent4.jpg

Weeknight London Broil on the grill.
recent5.jpg

recent6.jpg

recent7.jpg

Flat top bacon cheeseburger sliders.
recent8.jpg

recent9.jpg

Baked and Fried Fish tacos. Home made southwestern slaw and a chipotle crème sauce compliments of xray xray
recent10.jpg

recent11.jpg

Grilled pork tenderloins. Two were jerk marinated and the others no salt Garlic & Herb.
recent12.jpg

recent13.jpg

Easter Time! Double smoked "Honey Baked" sugar glazed Ham. Hickory smoked turkey.
recent14.jpg

recent15.jpg

recent16.jpg

recent17.jpg

Pulled pork enchiladas with homemade red sauce.
recent18.jpg

recent19.jpg

recent20.jpg

Country fried steak with white pepper gravy and mashed potatoes. No veggies needed!
recent21.jpg

Thanks for checking it all out! Hope everyone is staying safe out there.
John

Now there you are! I was Just thinking "where has John been"??? Good to see all these great looking cooks! All look super good! Nice work!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Everything looks fantastic. I don’t suppose you’d share your recipe for the pastrami and jerk? I’ve done one pastrami before but I’m looking to tweak it and I always love seeing how people make their jerk.

Holy cow what an amazing array of food. Every single thing looks like it was perfect. I gotta say though, the color/skin/bark on that turkey took my breath away. That is just gorgeous. You and the fam sure been eatin' good in the neighborhood buddy.

Robert

Man John that’s a festival of flavor right there!! Very nice!! I’m about die form some more pastrami. I love that stuff lol.

Everything looks great John! I have a CB flat sitting in my fridge...tomorrow might have some pastrami in my plans now.

Very nicely done!

Now there you are! I was Just thinking "where has John been"??? Good to see all these great looking cooks! All look super good! Nice work!

Thanks Dave! Need to post more individual cooks instead of saving them all up for one post lol

Reactions: SKade
Everything looks fantastic. I don’t suppose you’d share your recipe for the pastrami and jerk? I’ve done one pastrami before but I’m looking to tweak it and I always love seeing how people make their jerk.

Thank you! The jerk I marinate in sauce I buy from a local authentic Jamaican guy who owns a small bbq joint in town. The pastrami rub recipe I got from jcam222 jcam222 . I believe he said it comes from Katz deli. I soaked corn beef flats in ice water overnight changing the water a few times. Rubbed down heavy with the rub the next day. Smoked with hickory until it hit about 165. Wrapped and smoked until probe tender around 203ish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky