A Few Recent Random Dinners (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Got a few here that were very good, really quick, and possibly of interest to a few folks here...but then again, maybe not :emoji_laughing: Not gonna go into a whole lot of dialog, just pics mostly with a short narrative in the beginning. Let's start with what I've dubbed my "Signature BLT". It's done on homemade Tuscany Tomato Basil bread and using my homemade bacon.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Next will be Sazon Goya seasoned fajitas. A while back our good friend Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) posted his cream of tomato soup. One of the ingredients in it was the Sazon Goya. Never used it before but ordered some just for the soup. Turns out this stuff has a fantastic flavor all by itself. Did a little reading and there are tons of different dishes it is popular in. I decided to do a test run on some beef fajitas.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

The fajita with some chips and an amazing jalapeno ranch sauce that was shared by John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) a while back and has become a huge favorite around here. This was an outstanding meal.
008.jpg

A week and a half or so Tracy was asking (whining??) for some brisket. I knew we had some frozen from the last cook. Got a big chunk out, defrosted it, chopped, and into a pan to warm. Then loaded it onto some baked taters with lots of butter and all the mandatory toppings.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Nothing fancy at all here, just some quick and easy weekday dinners that were really good. We do a lot of different stuffed taters but this is one of the fan favorites without a doubt. Something about the smoked brisket and taters together is just hard to beat. In addition to wanting to share a few quick dinners, this is a test run for the new forum format. Hopefully it works because if I botched it up, this was a ton of wasted time :emoji_astonished:

Take care and keep those amazing meal pictures coming. Some fantastic stuff posted recently from everybody.

Robert

A lot of deliciousness there Robert!! 3 things my kitchen is never without are Dellesandro Chipotle Morita chile paste, Sazon Goya achiota y culantro and the latest addition Salvadoran crema. Despite the obvious Latin influence these are money across many dishes outside Latin meals.

Good looking meals Robert! Gonna have to search for the ranch sauce.
Thanks Jim. No search needed for the jalapeno ranch sauce. This stuff is amazing!! We use it on tacos, as salad dressing, dipping sauce for chips, on hamburgers instead of mayo, etc.

1 1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1/3 cup diced green chilies
1/3 - 1/2 cup diced seeded/veined jalapeno
1 packet dry ranch mix
2 TBS Fajita rub

I never have the green chilies so I just add some powdered jalapeno. The fajita rub he mentions is the recipe I put together a while back. If you need that recipe also, just say so and I'll post it.

3 things my kitchen is never without are Dellesandro Chipotle Morita chile paste, Sazon Goya achiota y culantro and the latest addition Salvadoran crema.
Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I have almost all three of those things. The one I'm lacking is the Salvadoran crema. I have Mexican crema but guess I need to search out the Salvadoran stuff based on what you've said about it.

Robert

Thanks Jim. No search needed for the jalapeno ranch sauce. This stuff is amazing!! We use it on tacos, as salad dressing, dipping sauce for chips, on hamburgers instead of mayo, etc.

1 1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1/3 cup diced green chilies
1/3 - 1/2 cup diced seeded/veined jalapeno
1 packet dry ranch mix
2 TBS Fajita rub

I never have the green chilies so I just add some powdered jalapeno. The fajita rub he mentions is the recipe I put together a while back. If you need that recipe also, just say so and I'll post it.

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I have almost all three of those things. The one I'm lacking is the Salvadoran crema. I have Mexican crema but guess I need to search out the Salvadoran stuff based on what you've said about it.

Robert
Yep, it’s Mexican crema on steroids. I think I could drink it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
System overload there Robert. Excellent meals as always. very nice work while working, I know you are busy.

Dang, Robert, I don't know which I'd want to dive into first. They all look fantastic!

They all look great Robert! Nothing wrong with quick and simple made that way!

Ryan

Some nice looking meals all around Robert! Nicely done. I think I’m hungry for that blt most of all.

Nice looking meals Robert.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky