• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Recent Cooks # 2 w pics

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Again from my last post I have gotten bad about documenting cooks. I will check my phone and only gotten a couple of pics rather than enough for a step by step. Anyways figured I would share what I had.

Pastrami. First time doing this. Got some great guidance from jcam222 jcam222 . Built the sandwiches on the griddle.
recent1.jpg

recent2.jpg

recent3.jpg

recent4.jpg

Weeknight London Broil on the grill.
recent5.jpg

recent6.jpg

recent7.jpg

Flat top bacon cheeseburger sliders.
recent8.jpg

recent9.jpg

Baked and Fried Fish tacos. Home made southwestern slaw and a chipotle crème sauce compliments of xray xray
recent10.jpg

recent11.jpg

Grilled pork tenderloins. Two were jerk marinated and the others no salt Garlic & Herb.
recent12.jpg

recent13.jpg

Easter Time! Double smoked "Honey Baked" sugar glazed Ham. Hickory smoked turkey.
recent14.jpg

recent15.jpg

recent16.jpg

recent17.jpg

Pulled pork enchiladas with homemade red sauce.
recent18.jpg

recent19.jpg

recent20.jpg

Country fried steak with white pepper gravy and mashed potatoes. No veggies needed!
recent21.jpg

Thanks for checking it all out! Hope everyone is staying safe out there.
John

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Now there you are! I was Just thinking "where has John been"??? Good to see all these great looking cooks! All look super good! Nice work!

SKade

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 21, 2019
Everything looks fantastic. I don’t suppose you’d share your recipe for the pastrami and jerk? I’ve done one pastrami before but I’m looking to tweak it and I always love seeing how people make their jerk.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
You have been kickin’ it John!
Everything looks absolutely delicious!
Al

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Holy cow what an amazing array of food. Every single thing looks like it was perfect. I gotta say though, the color/skin/bark on that turkey took my breath away. That is just gorgeous. You and the fam sure been eatin' good in the neighborhood buddy.

Robert

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Man John that’s a festival of flavor right there!! Very nice!! I’m about die form some more pastrami. I love that stuff lol.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
1 of each please! Everything looks great John, looks like you've been busy.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Wow!! Sure looks like you've been eating exceptionally well lately. Those are some great meals you cooked up.
Gary

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Everything looks great John! I have a CB flat sitting in my fridge...tomorrow might have some pastrami in my plans now.

Very nicely done!

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That all looks perfect . I'm with Ray , be hard to pick one .

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Now there you are! I was Just thinking "where has John been"??? Good to see all these great looking cooks! All look super good! Nice work!
Thanks Dave! Need to post more individual cooks instead of saving them all up for one post lol

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Everything looks fantastic. I don’t suppose you’d share your recipe for the pastrami and jerk? I’ve done one pastrami before but I’m looking to tweak it and I always love seeing how people make their jerk.
Thank you! The jerk I marinate in sauce I buy from a local authentic Jamaican guy who owns a small bbq joint in town. The pastrami rub recipe I got from jcam222 jcam222 . I believe he said it comes from Katz deli. I soaked corn beef flats in ice water overnight changing the water a few times. Rubbed down heavy with the rub the next day. Smoked with hickory until it hit about 165. Wrapped and smoked until probe tender around 203ish.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.