A Few Recent Random Cooks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Getting to play around a bit regardless of the insane yard work schedule Tracy has me on. Nothing really fancy and deserving of their own thread but all were very good and combined might make for some nice Q-View. These have all been done over the past week and a half or two weeks. Not gonna go through the whole process on all of them, just a couple pics at most.

A T-Bone smothered with mushrooms in a beef & bourbon reduction with the standard salad and loaded baked potato
005.jpg

Grilled truffle, Parmesan and black garlic seasoned pork chops with homemade pierogis and a pseudo Caparese salad. This seasoning is incredible!!
001.jpg

012.jpg

Smoked beef & jalapeno sausage with baked beans and slaw
002.jpg

003.jpg

Just had to get some Italian in there. Spaghetti with my spicy red sauce and homemade Italian sausage. One of my all time favorite meals!!
008.jpg

The ultimate lazy man's dinner. A big platter of pulled pork nachos. These were served with a side of Jeff's sauce for dipping
005.jpg

Another round of pork chops with a different seasoning from the same company as the last one. This was fantastic also!! Totally different flavor profile but excellent. Basically a good old all American back yard cookout here. Served with corn on the cob, baked beans, and my Wasabi horseradish slaw
008.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Well that's it for now. Got something really interesting planned for this evening. Weather is horrible but I think I can still fire up a grill to get it done. If it comes out as planned it will be worthy of posting. Got my fingers crossed as it's something I've never seen done before nor have I done.

Well gotta run. Need to get some steaks out to defrost for another adventure into the unknown.

Robert

Some great looking meals there Robert! No matter how short on time, you seem to pull out some really tasty stuff. I like the sound of that truffle seasoning.

Nice cooks Robert! I'm glad I'm not the only one one that takes pics of our food at the dinner table.....we have been doing it at our house for many many years!

Last edited:
Drool, pulled nachos. I had a load of spare pulled pork and knocked up a rather tasty lasagne with it when Rach and I had the house to ourselves a few weeks back. Was almost like bbq sauce on a pizza instead of tomato sauce if you get my drift. Would definitely make it again.

Awesome diners! Each would be their own thread for me🤣 I’m interested in that truffle seasoning too! Great work from tired hands!

All of them look great Robert. That's some good eats!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Great meals there Robert. I was just thinking we would see one of these multi meal posts with all the delicious pics coming soon! Love it!

A fine assortment of incredible cooks Robert, there some good eatin' going on in the Lone Star state for sure, great work! Now get back on that tractor! RAY

Nice.All looks good.
Thanks so much. I'm kinda glad they weren't worthy of a thread of their own. I'd be 3 days posting all of them :emoji_wink:
Some great looking meals there Robert! No matter how short on time, you seem to pull out some really tasty stuff. I like the sound of that truffle seasoning.
Thank you Joe. They say necessity is the mother of all invention so I have to invent fast meals that are decent or we eat junk. That seasoning is made in a place just outside of Ft. Worth. I looked online and they have quite a selection. I'm considering heading up there one weekend to take a look.
Nice cooks Robert! I'm glad I'm not the only one one that takes pics of our food at the dinner table.....we have been doing it at our house for many many years!
Very much appreciate it sir. I only tarted the pic taking when I found this place :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Drool, pulled nachos.
Thanks so much and welcome aboard. Post up some of the goodies you mentioned. They sound interesting.
Awesome diners! Each would be their own thread for me🤣 I’m interested in that truffle seasoning too! Great work from tired hands!
Very much appreciate it Jed. I'm not really big on commercial spice mixes but these two are over the top. Extremely good and very reasonably priced. If I make it up there sometime soon I'll let you know and do some shopping on your behalf.
Well Robert right from the T-bone and loaded potato to the pork chop, corn on the cob and beans.
I would say fantastic and all worthy of their own story.

So does Tracy know that you have been slipping away from your yard work
Thank you David but all of these were just super quick, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants dinners with not a lot of through put into them or time to execute them nicely. Once all the yard work is finished I do get a reprieve to cook dinner....but that's about it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks so much and welcome aboard. Post up some of the goodies you mentioned. They sound interesting.
Cheers Tx. I will. I lost so many printed photos in a flood 15 yrs ago and then the world went digital. I'll whack up some recipes, maybe with photos eventually as also had a huge loss when my new s21 died last year and didn't have the cloud on (the last 6 yrs of phones have had sd cards for everything, not this new breed of Samsung, gutted)

All of them look great Robert. That's some good eats!!!
Thank you Chris. Appreciate the kind words and the points.
Great meals there Robert. I was just thinking we would see one of these multi meal posts with all the delicious pics coming soon! Love it!
Yep Dave...I get lazy and / or busy and the pics pile up on the desktop of the computer and I need to dump them so one of these threads hits once in a while.
A fine assortment of incredible cooks Robert, there some good eatin' going on in the Lone Star state for sure, great work! Now get back on that tractor!
Thank you my friend. I intentionally let the tractor run out of diesel in the south 40 so I could get a break for a while :emoji_laughing: Nothing fancy or special here but they all managed to fill the void.

Robert

They all deserve threads of their own! Very nice!
Nah. Not enough time to document them nicely. just a few quick shots here and there. Truthfully I don't even know why I saved them. This made for a decent thread though. A little variety.
Cheers Tx. I will. I lost so many printed photos in a flood 15 yrs ago and then the world went digital. I'll whack up some recipes, maybe with photos eventually as also had a huge loss when my new s21 died last year and didn't have the cloud on (the last 6 yrs of phones have had sd cards for everything, not this new breed of Samsung, gutted)
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your stash of pics. Hopefully you'll get into the groove again and start posting some really good stuff. I was intrigued with your commentary and it's always nice to see some different ideas. All of us thrive on that...and we love pics :emoji_wink: Don't know that you've picked up on it yet but the mantra here is "no pics, never happened" and rest assured, you'll get some fun ribbing if you post something without supporting photographic documentation.

Robert

Nah. Not enough time to document them nicely. just a few quick shots here and there. Truthfully I don't even know why I saved them. This made for a decent thread though. A little variety.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your stash of pics. Hopefully you'll get into the groove again and start posting some really good stuff. I was intrigued with your commentary and it's always nice to see some different ideas. All of us thrive on that...and we love pics :emoji_wink: Don't know that you've picked up on it yet but the mantra here is "no pics, never happened" and rest assured, you'll get some fun ribbing if you post something without supporting photographic documentation.

Robert
Yeah was devastated. Generations of photos from all sides of the families gone. Always thought will get round to scanning them, blah blah blah. Well I did some but lost so much more. My granny in Africa using a Dutch oven from the 1800s, which my dad threw out as he didn't cook. But hey if some proof is needed, here is our Christmas Dinner cooking and cooked. Was amazing. Stuffed (onuon, breadcrumb, sweet chestnut and cranberry), rolled and tied the turkey breast, wrapped in unsmoked bacon then smoked it for 3 hours slow. Homer Simpson mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• 20211225_134254.jpg
    20211225_134254.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211225_150252.jpg
    20211225_150252.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 7
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky