Reaching Out To Our Tennessee Brethern

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah it was a historic house built in 1800s. Definitely will be pricey to repair.

OH....MY....GOD!! I spent a number of years working on houses on the historic registry in Fredericksburg, VA in my younger years. You don't just run to Home Depot and get replacement material for those types of houses. When I was working on them the rules of being on the registry were that you had to replicate everything new with what was original. Lots of specialty mill work shops making their own shaper and planer knives to exactly match the original material. Some of the mill work we were having to buy was in excess of $50 per linear foot because of that. Great gawd...I do not envy the task ahead. The most important thing though is that your mom is safe.

Robert

OH....MY....GOD!! I spent a number of years working on houses on the historic registry in Fredericksburg, VA in my younger years. You don't just run to Home Depot and get replacement material for those types of houses. When I was working on them the rules of being on the registry were that you had to replicate everything new with what was original. Lots of specialty mill work shops making their own shaper and planer knives to exactly match the original material. Some of the mill work we were having to buy was in excess of $50 per linear foot because of that. Great gawd...I do not envy the task ahead. The most important thing though is that your mom is safe.

Robert
Exactly. So many rules haha.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky