Quesadillas carnitas con frijoles negro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mrs. BEV was asking for tacos, but that is what I made instead!

This is just WAY too funny!! When I responded to this thread earlier, I made a comment that you had taken the guess work out of what I'd be making for dinner that night, and I wasn't kidding. I did a deep, rich, succulent, flavorful, and spicy chopped pork for mine. Got the pork going then got an email from Tracy that she wanted tacos for dinner. OOPS!! I responded that I had meat going for quesadillas and asked if that was OK. Blessedly for her, she agreed because I was making these, come Hell or high water. Not meaning to hijack your thread but hoping to add to it, here is what I did:

Pork done and loaded onto the burrito sized torts. Please note that these are on a huge pizza stone.
001.jpg

Add the black beans
002.jpg

A pound or so of 3-cheese Mexican blend
003.jpg

These went on the grill to cook. Here they are all done
005.jpg

Plated with some homemade pico, avocado slices and sour cream.
006.jpg

These were REALLY good. Thank god I wrote down the spices I used in the pork. Tracy LOVED these and has mandated that they go into my big black book for future use. Thank you very much for posting this as it was yet another inspiration for something I'd never done before.

WOW!!
Robert

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Wow Robert! Those 'Dillas look damn tasty to me! Good lookin eats! You are totally welcome to add you post and your story here. And that's a great idea to use the pizza stone! Mrs. BEV prefers to bake hers in the oven when she makes them- usually just on a cookie sheet. Gotta try that next time.

They look good. What’s in the pan that you cooked them in?

Were you asking me or tx smoker? Are you asking for ingredients?

For mine, I used chopped cured and smoked pork shoulder, Mango Nectar, a whole lime squeezed, some Mexican spices (basically taco seasoning) and a bit of water.

Were you asking me or tx smoker? Are you asking for ingredients?

I was wondering the same thing. I've not gotten mine into a formal Word document yet but if he's asking for mine, I can certainly do that pretty quick.

Thanks for letting me share in your glory!! This has been a fun thread to follow and participate in.

Robert

Browneyes. I was asking you. Whatever you have in the pan? Is it butter? It gave it a real nice looking tortilla. Makes my mouth water

Yes. A little bit of butter. Just toast it like a grilled cheese sandwich on med-low heat. Probably toasts in about a minute per side. Thank you for the kind words!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky