A Week of Mrs Civilsmoker Smoked Meat Creations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I might come and visit as well! But no helping with your to do list...think I'll dign up for cooking lessons! Lol.
I already know how to move rock!

Ryan
.....you are welcome, but just know I only get the dinner bell "after" the honey do's are done...... and I hear ya......I've walked the wheat field rock hunting..... you would think at some point the rocks would be gone, but I think the grow and the more you haul one year means even more the next year! Oh and tossing rocks into a grain truck an not a flat bed will grow you up and make you go to bed early......
Sorry! I’ve been late to this one! We’ve talked about this, but gotta say again, you guys have changed my mind on GR. I thought he was a reality TV personality, had no idea it was worth paying for anything with his name, everyone gives it up cheap now….Smithsonian is like saying “Sh** Paper” for quality. Venting over.

Your wife crushed it! Awesome meals all around and they are on a level that is humbling! Big salute, points, and appreciation!
Oh, I could vent with you on name dropping... and as I have said before, I always thought GR was a very arrogant..... "TV personality" but after having a meal at Hells Kitchen in Vegas (ie it only took one bite of lobster risotto) and my views of GR quickly changed because holy smokes that guy is not arrogant!!!!!

And thanks! I will pass along the props to the Mrs! She says she does it to see smiles on the family faces.....I think she does it so we don't talk over dinner....LOL
Everything looks amazing! Nothing like a little team work to put some great meals together.
Thanks SVF! I can say it was fun to see the wife at work and making the smoked me more than just a plate of meat an a veg....LOL
I don't know how this thread eluded me for so long!!
It looks Fantastic, and the colors are Beautiful, too!
Nice Jobs by You & The Missus!!
Like.

Bear
Many thanks Bear! I will pass along the thanks to the Mrs CS!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
I'll apologize now for going past the week, but here are Monday's and Tuesdays bowls......

Monday.....
Seared chermoula marinated flank steak served over a bed of GR cilantro lime rice & seared corn, then dressed with chermoula, sriracha aioli, GO, and cotija....
Bowl-Flank1.jpg

This is layers of bold flavors that mix really really well!
Bowl-Flank2.jpg

Tuesday's bowl was left overs re-vitalized......
She used Easter Sunday's left over smoked chicken & gravy (the gravy was made from our 2 day 2 turkey stock left over from Thanksgiving & seared chicken parts, then simmered with fresh herbs). The Mrs. made a white wine roux with shallots, garlic and fresh copped herbs (rosemary, thyme, & sage), then the left over gravy & chicken & creme fraiche was added to make thick a creamy chicken soup.....
bowl-chick1.jpg

The bowl was created by a layer of the creamy chicken the a scoop of GR mash left over from Sunday (re-heated in a sauce pan not MW), then circled with some more pan seared corn and then topped with more fresh copped herbs....... Pure MONEY!
bowl-chick2.jpg

PS this bowl was 20 min tops prep.....

Last edited:
Man that all looks amazing! Kind of a random question but what size are the bowls you are using? I am looking to purchase some bigger "dinner sized" portion bowls for stuff like this and salads as an entrée.

Man that all looks amazing! Kind of a random question but what size are the bowls you are using? I am looking to purchase some bigger "dinner sized" portion bowls for stuff like this and salads as an entrée.
SVF, they are 9 inches so a nice size. She found them at TJ Maxx. We got 8 for 8 bills.
42E6EAFB-2887-4262-846E-FA1F893969A2.jpeg

I saw a set at Costco the other day that has ver similar size bowls then normal bowls and rimmed edge plate. The set was like 18 bills for a set of 4 each.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Never thought to check at TJ Maxx. I got a 4 pack on the way from amazon but cost me $22.
Nice, I think you are going to like them! We use the a LOT! We still is a plate, but for the bowl to sit in for after we melt cheese and stuff in the bowl....lol

Ok this isn’t one of my usual posts and I know you get to see lots of pics of meals me and my boy create.....but I thought I’d would share the dinners that my wife made/ created this week.....

In full disclosure she had me smoke 1/2 a dozen dry brined chicken breasts and 2 beef chucks. That said she has been studying Gordon Ramsey recipes and how he focuses on layering flavors together to make magic....

Sunday....smoked chuck (@ 3.99/lb $16 bills)....Tuesday smoked 6 breasts (@ 3.49/lb $8).

Creation#1 - Deconstructed Shepard’s “Bowl” & Garlic Toast....
View attachment 629323
This has a bed of GR Idaho Russet mash, smoked chuck, scratch beef Marsala, fresh veg, seared baby bella 1/4s & GOs...... flavors just layered together!
View attachment 629324
Creation 2 - The next night dinner was mixed up with a bed of leftover mash, scratch beef burgundy w/creme fraise, smoked chuck, seared Bella 1/4s, GO, & toast....
View attachment 629326
The burgundy completely transformed the bowl to a whole new set of flavors!
View attachment 629327
Oh and this had to be joined with my wife’s scratch made blood orange vinaigrette & orange salad........it’s taste is as loud as the color!
View attachment 629325
Next up showcases my wife new kitchen tool! I have to admit this thing makes rice good enough to eat it plain out of the bowl.....
View attachment 629335
Creation 3 - So this next dinner starts with a bed of rice out of the wife’s cooker then circled first with shredded cabbage, smoked chicken breast, glass noodles, & smoked chuck. This was topped with scratch bulgogi, yum yum, soy sauce glaze, GO, seeds & cilantro....
View attachment 629328
This bowl is a off the chart next level layers after layers of flavors!!!!!
View attachment 629329
Creation 4 - Ok if that wasn’t enough for the week, my wife makes this smoked chicken SW salad...
View attachment 629330
This meal is elevated with layers of flavor in my wife’s creamy cilantro lime dressing.... it is a vinegar/oil base with Serrano peppers, garlic, shallots, smoked paprika, Mayo, & sour cream....
View attachment 629334
She sliced the chicken thin and warms it up with chard corn, GO, cojita, cilantro, & tortilla strips..... it is again layer after layer of intense flavor.....mind blowing!
View attachment 629336
So today being all out of smoked chuck & chicken so my wife had me smoke up another 4lb chuck (3.99/lb)..... had to show my work cause I worked real hard on it....lol....
View attachment 629331
Creation 5 - So my wife had something special for this chuck..... she made up a scratch dark chocolate almond butter mole...she makes it with a combination of blanched peppers & dry ground (3 different kinds).....
View attachment 629332
These layers of flavor started with a bed of scratch Spanish rice....my wife makes a hot bowl of liquid seasonings that is blended into rice cooker made rice. Gordon Ramsey uses this technique for his cilantro lime rice, so my wife adapted it to Spanish rice....makes it way good and NOT dry...next some graded cheese, mole, topped with seared corn, chuck, olives, GO, & cilantro, GR caramelized red onion w/ a side of toasted FT ....
View attachment 629333
This wraps up how Mrs Civilsmoker used basic smoked meat though out the week in a economic but elevated way...... needless to say I’m a lucky and happy man!
Damn everything looks Amazing!! Sitting here thinking I need to step up my flavor layers!!! Hahaha!!

Sean

Oh I missed this one last go around. Not a bad plate on this thread except the last one (because it's empty :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). My wife has one of those rice cookers. It is so easy even I was able to figure it out.

Damn everything looks Amazing!! Sitting here thinking I need to step up my flavor layers!!! Hahaha!!

Sean
Thanks Sean! Layers of flavor make for some happy peps!
Oh I missed this one last go around. Not a bad plate on this thread except the last one (because it's empty :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). My wife has one of those rice cookers. It is so easy even I was able to figure it out.
Many thanks 90! Oh we have since found out that this rice cooker EXCELLS at sweet rice (ie sticky rice). Just soak for 4-6 hours, rinse 2-3 times and then just above the sweet rice line and the sweet rice program........ PURE MONEY!!!!!! It also nails forbidden rice as well! My wife just made a whole batch of fresh black berry glaze/jam so we will be having some forbidden very soon!!!!

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky