Quesadillas carnitas con frijoles negro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 16, 2016
Creswell OR
Dinner last night was inspired by chilerelleno chilerelleno 's carnitas post. I had some smoked pork shoulder trim in the freezer I needed to do something with. Cubed up and braised in a cast iron Dutch oven with mango juice, lime, and Mexican spices until tender. Black beans cilantro and cheese folded in a flour tortilla and toasted on cast flat iron. Served with salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Ok... Ill admit it's NOT authentic carnitas cooked in lard as Chile has demonstrated, but it sure was good!

pot.jpg
assemble.jpg
toast.jpg
carve.jpg
Plate.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Erik

Now that is a meal I could eat a couple of times a week!
Awesome, I some times have quesadillas for breakfast!
Al

Man Erik that looks really good. You guys are killing me with all this Mexican food.

Point for sure
Chris

Now that is a meal I could eat a couple of times a week!
Awesome, I some times have quesadillas for breakfast!
Al
Thanks Al. Yum! Mexican breakfasts! I like the way you think! Thanks for the like.

Looks fantastic Erik. That’s a meal that I’d like anytime.

Thank you. Pretty simple and so tasty!

Nice ! Good meal for sure .

Thanks Chop. I might have more today! Thanks for the like.

Man Erik that looks really good. You guys are killing me with all this Mexican food.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. Who doesn't like Mexican food? It's a sure win just about any time!
Thanks for the like.

Dang Erik,
those look so freaking good, hell yeah!
I could eat several of those.
To Hell with Taco Bell!
Like!

In homage to you senior Chile I'm sure you would like them. Thanks for the like!

Last edited:
Very NICE! Love cast iron inspired meals!

Gonna show the wife this one cause we WILL be doing it!

Erik That looks great!! You can keep the sour cream off mine Please Points
Richie

Very NICE! Love cast iron inspired meals!

Gonna show the wife this one cause we WILL be doing it!

That pork shoulder was actually cured and smoked like buckboard bacon. Went real well with the black beans and fruit juices. I missed the onions. Thanks for the like.

What a great cook! I want some! Big Like!

I would gladly make more for you Disco. I'm sure you would enjoy helping me eat them. Thanks for the like.

Erik That looks great!! You can keep the sour cream off mine Please Points
Richie

Good thing I kept it on the side just for you!
Thanks for the point Richie.

I don't think i've ever had one but it sure does look good!!

You haven't lived unless you've had a quesadilla!
...Not really. Just kidding. Just put a slice or two of cheese between a flour tortilla and grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich. You can add any other kind of filling you want. The options are endless and the results are quite tasty! Super easy too! Thanks for the like.

OMG!! Another simple but amazing meal. Well, this takes the guess work out of what I'll be making for dinner this evening. Thanks for sharing.

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Mui bueno

Gracias. Estaba delicioso!

Looks fantastic!!

Thank you. It was delicious (same as above).
Thanks for the like.

Awesome job! They look awesome!

Thanks Yankee... They are so easy to make too.

Wow that looks really good. Sorry I’m late to the party, any left!?

Like!

No. But I will happily whip up some more of those in a heartbeat!
Thanks for the like.

OMG!! Another simple but amazing meal. Well, this takes the guess work out of what I'll be making for dinner this evening. Thanks for sharing.

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Thanks for the like Robert. I'm sure you will enjoy them. Easy dinner, and sooo good!

Thats my kinda dinner!

Thanks for the kind words and the like.

Okay, so they may not be "authentic" per say.
Still that is a darn fine looking meal.

Mrs. BEV was asking for tacos, but that is what I made instead! Glad I did! Although she has her own more authentic "carnitas" recipe she makes in the crockpot, it is not smoked and is lacking that flavor in my opinion. Thanks for the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky