Pan Fried Red Snapper, Shrimp Scampi, Cajun green beans, and Walnut & Cranberry side salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Took a break from working on my new Maturing chamber for dinner with my friends. I pulled out some red snapper, he had some shrimp in the freezer that needed to be cooked, Gotta make room as summer fishing is right around the corner.

filleted the fish off the skin, squeezed lime juice over the meat and seasoned with Leblanc's Cajun seasoning. Pan sauteed the red snapper in olive oil and butter, remove to sheet pan in 250*F oven to keep warm. Made the scampi in the same pan. Added the garlic first to get some color on it, then Dusted the shrimp in seasoned flour to pan fry in the pan, added minced shallot, sliced mushrooms got some color on the onion, then deglazed with white wine, added fresh basil, fresh oregano, fresh parsley. Let that simmer while pasta boiled then seasoned with CBP and sea salt...

The plate:
IMG_20220429_180650.jpg

The salad:
IMG_20220429_180654.jpg

The wine:
IMG_20220429_195617.jpg

I prefer red wines, but with most seafood a white pairs better. This was an exceptional Chardonnay wine. The entire meal was a symphony of flavor. The salty smokiness from the bacon in the green beans really danced with the acid from the scampi, and the fish simply seasoned was light yet savory. Excellent meal.

Last edited:
Dang! Red snapper is a favorite here, just not always available. Looks very good all together. I’d belly up for sure. Nice work.

One fine well balanced meal Keith, nice work! Seems every area in the country has what is referred to as "red snapper", I know in CA it was always a favorite fish to bring home after a day on the Pacific coast, I like to fry the fillets in olive oil and butter. I drink cabernet with dinner, pairs with everything well enough for me, tho not my wife. RAY

Dang! Red snapper is a favorite here, just not always available. Looks very good all together. I’d belly up for sure. Nice work.
Thanks SE! I look forward to catching so more!
One fine well balanced meal Keith, nice work! Seems every area in the country has what is referred to as "red snapper", I know in CA it was always a favorite fish to bring home after a day on the Pacific coast, I like to fry the fillets in olive oil and butter. I drink cabernet with dinner, pairs with everything well enough for me, tho not my wife. RAY
Thanks Ray! This is the Real red snapper...though there are many snapper fish that are red. Pan fried in olive oil and butter is one of my favorite ways to eat it too.

Looks delicious!
Love Cajun, and always looking for new seasonings!
Will look the next trip to the store!
Al

Great looking meal!
Jim
Thanks Jim!
Looks delicious!
Love Cajun, and always looking for new seasonings!
Will look the next trip to the store!
Al
Thanks Al! I'm not sure how widely distributed that seasoning is. Be interesting to know if you can find it there.
Looks delicious Keith!
Thanks Steve! No charcuterie board...I had no time to pull out the slicer with my preoccupation building my new maturing chamber...

Last edited:
WOW!! That whole meal looks and sounds amazing Keith. What a spectacular array of goodies compiled into what must have been one perfect meal. Extremely well done my friend.

Robert

Fish and shrimp, what's not to like? That plate looks fantastic...
Fish - The other white meat...lol...

Very eye appealing meal Keith. I bet that tasted great.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! Incredible meal! Man, looks like I’ll need reservations we’ll in advance! Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky