Shrimp Scampi Over Angel Hair, Italian Baked Tomatoes, Bresaola Antipasto

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Another Dinner night with friends...

Bresaola Antipasto appetizer with Lemon, Olive oil, Parmesan
img_20230708_154537-jpg.jpg

IMG_20230708_182251.jpg

Fresh herbs from the garden for the Scampi-oregano, Basil, rosemary
IMG_20230708_170943.jpg

After adding the garlic to the pan for 2 minutes, add the seasoned fresh gulf shrimp to sautee and get some color on them...
IMG_20230708_181235.jpg

Add white wine and herbs..
IMG_20230708_181552.jpg

Reduce down, add Lemon juice and it is done!
IMG_20230708_183913.jpg

Pull the tomatoes out of the oven...
IMG_20230708_184529.jpg

IMG_20230708_184533.jpg

And lets eat!

The wine selection; 2013 (10 year aged) Family Amarone and a 2020 Soave Classico- both excellent!
IMG_20230708_195926.jpg

This dish just went together like Yin and Yang! The acid from the tomatoes really complimented the scampi! And the Soave wine was a perfect match for the seafood! EXCELLENT MEAL tonight!

Last edited:
Mi piace molto!!
Grazie!

It looks like a great meal to me. I'm not a wine drinker but the food looks satisfying.
Thank 90! I love a great wine with a meal. The wine makes the food taste better, and the food makes the wine better. The perfect pairing is food nirvana!

Looks awesome! :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks 02/06!

Beautiful work Keith, looks delicious! RAY
Thanks Ray! One of the best meals I have cooked recently. I savored every bite!

Looks delicious! As matter of fact, I am going to make shrimp scampi as an appetizer (without noodles, of cores) for my Birthday gathering in two weeks. Never done it before and will take your recipe as a base... Thanks!

Reactions: indaswamp
Scampi has always been a favorite of mine, and yours look like some of the best I've ever seen. I'd sure make some of those, but unfortunately I'm the only one around these digs that eats sea food. :emoji_weary: Great meal Keith.
Gary
High compliment Gary! Much appreciated! It was very good indeed!

An Italian feast home run as usual! Tell me more about those tomatoes.........
Thanks jcam! Tomatoes are easy...

cut the top off flat, then use a paring knife to remove the rest of the core top (cut out in a cone) then top with herbs, salt, Cracked B.P., and grated parmesan cheese. Bake in ramekins 20-25minutes @325*F. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes. serve in ramekins on saucers. When you cut into the tomato, the ramekin will fill up with juice! good to serve homemade croutons to soak up the juice....

Reactions: HalfSmoked
High compliment Gary! Much appreciated! It was very good indeed!

Thanks jcam! Tomatoes are easy...

cut the top off flat, then use a paring knife to remove the rest of the core top (cut out in a cone) then top with herbs, salt, Cracked B.P., and grated parmesan cheese. Bake in ramekins 20-25minutes @325*F. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes. serve in ramekins on saucers. When you cut into the tomato, the ramekin will fill up with juice! good to serve homemade croutons to soak up the juice....
I'm on these for sure in the upcoming week. Thanks

Reactions: indaswamp
One step I forgot to mention is I did use the velveting technique on the shrimp to have them crisp up nicely and stay moist and juicy in the acidic sauce...

1/4 tsp. Baking Soda per pound of shrimp, stir in by hand, let rest min. 15 minutes before cooking....

It makes a difference with an acidic sauce...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky