1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Oct Throwdown Winners

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by bmudd14474, Nov 13, 2018.

1. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

To be the top two winners out of all those great dishes entered is a real honor. Congratulations!!
    Can't wait to see the posts from all the entries.
    Gary

2. Thanks y'all! Congrats to you as well @KrisUpInSmoke ! Lots of great dishes I'm looking forward to trying.

3. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

The Pork Loin Wellington. I didn't have a prayer against the line up :)

4. uncle eddie

uncle eddie Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I love the throw-downs. Congrats to all that entered and also to the winners!

Misplaced Nebraskan likes this.
  5. What?! Your dish was fantastic! Very unique and refined, with an interesting British history to it. After I looked up what a few of the ingredients were, it definitely sounded as delicious as it looked.

6. That was my initial idea too! Yours turned out great though. I ran outta time and just went with the ol poke and stuff... [​IMG]

7. TomKnollRFV

Aww shucks. Thanks Kris. :)

Well. I learned things making it I can apply to fatties! If I ever get into making those more!

Bring on the next challenge! :)

8. Is there a future fatty Wellington in the works?! Oh man, the possibilities!

9. chew2475

chew2475 Fire Starter

Congrats to the winners. It was fun to see all the creativity. Mine was the Fireball Chops and was glad to be part of the competition.

KrisUpInSmoke likes this.
  10. TomKnollRFV

I want to explore if it's possible. People have mentioned it, but the big issue was always the traditional crust can't hold up to it. This crust I think ..well. Might.

11. giphy.gif

I'm for this! :D

12. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats on two amazing meals.

13. Thanks Foam! Lots of great looking dishes and recipes to look forward to :D

14. I really liked the fireball chops. I thought they were creative and something other people could repeat if they liked it.

15. bvbull200

bvbull200 Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

The dishes were awesome. That page is saved offline on my computer to go back to when I'm ready to give them a whirl. Some PMs might randomly show up sometime down the road, so don't forget what you did ;).

That was a helluva return to throwdowns - hopefully enough to spring this thing in to more action going forward!

And a special congrats to the winners! Fantastic execution @Misplaced Nebraskan and @KrisUpInSmoke!

16. Why, thank you, sir!

:oops:...Lol...I have to piece it together from pictures and scraps of paper to write a post on it. I'm a "little bit of this, little bit of that" till it feels right - type of cook. Not so much the writing it down type. I was careful to "document" this experimental entry so it could be recreated. I better get to the post before it's too late.

bvbull200 likes this.
  17. SmokinLogs

SmokinLogs Smoking Fanatic

I know this is pretty late coming, but congrats to the winners. Those dishes looked fantastic. I made the country style ribs, with apples and sauerkraut. I wasn’t sure how steep the competition would be. My dish tasted great, but it wasn’t very eye appealing. I’m looking forward to the next throw down.

18. A Big Congrats to all who entered Looked Great !!

Gary