New member in New Ma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rakdos42

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Hello everyone, I am a new smoker but not new to cooking. Trained chef for the last 8 years who loves new toys and writing recipes. My latest gadget is a Masterbuilt smoker and I've spent the last few weeks trying out pork belly recipes and ribs. Not so great on smoking fish yet which I hope.to fix because I do love it. I hope to learn a lot from everyone!

Well I just finished some burnt sweet pork ends! They taste fantastic, trying to fix up my own spice rub, I do love cumin in nearly everything, that and hot mustard.

Attachments

• 20181027_190154.jpg
    20181027_190154.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 16
The recipe was something I found floating around Facebook a few weeks ago but basically its trimmed pork belly in small squares, smoke for 3hr at 240 then mixed in an aluminum tray with 4tbsp of butter and honey along with a favorite barbecue sauce. Smoked covered in foil for another hour and a half then uncover for 15. I did some finagling with the spices and put together cinnamon, cumin, Hungarian hot paprika, and garlic.

Reactions: SonnyE
Welcome to the site from another New Englander.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky