Pork Belly Burnt Ends for the weekend (Heavy Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
Been a while since I contributed to the Smoking Meat BBQ scene. Been doing a lot of smoking but not much posting so.......

We had a busy weekend with several major projects around our place so I wanted to cook something that wouldn't require too much of my attention. I scored a pork belly last week at Sam's and this is how it went.

Loaded the Yoder 640 with a blend of Lumberjack 100% hickory & 100% Cherry. I do about 50/50 split and the aroma is insane. With many types of pellets tried over the years I always find my way back to Lumberjack.
Coated the square with a generous coating of SuckleBusters BBQ Rub that my sister gave me for Christmas. It's actually a really nice rub.
Placed on these racks just makes it easy on & off.
IMG_0078.jpeg

With the 640 warmed up and set on 250° I slide these in for a nice round of that Hickory/Cherry smoke.
IMG_0081.jpeg

They had the look after about 4 hours with an IT of around 190° which gave me time to get the rest of my deck demolition completed. Nothing like a beautiful day of projects with the occasional wiff of a smoker cooking goodies.
IMG_0082.jpeg

I did a hybrid of several recipes on this cook and I decided to get them tender in aluminum pans. Added a little SuckleBusters Honey Finishing glaze, Raw Texas local honey, butter, & a little brown sugar. Cover and back in the cooker for about 1 1/2 hours @ 275°. That's Willy in the photo. He likes everything I cook. Best hype man in the business!
IMG_0085.jpeg

Pulled both pans and I really like what I see. I then give them a little more finishing glaze and honey and back uncovered in for about 25 minutes @ 275° to get that nice caramelized glaze hopefully.
They look and smell really good at this point.
IMG_0101.jpeg

Plated with the finest of paper eatery and there you have it! Served with fried zucchini, baked potato, & baked beans.
IMG_0102.jpeg

Overall I enjoyed this cook and the final product. If I had to critique anything I'd like to hit just a little more savory on the flavor. I didn't think they were too sweet because they were delicious, just personal opinion of this flavor profile. Needless to say they were a hit with everyone. Even vacuums sealed a few of them for a pot of beans this week. Hope everyone has a great week. Keep them smokers fire up!

Great looking meal! And I'd be with Willy...Cheering ya on and waiting on my share.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky